Funding Problems in Kansas May Kill Planned Connector Highway
- New Jersey leads shift from cars to mass transit. // International Wildlife;Jul92, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p25
Reports that New Jersey has decided to cancel $1.2 billion in new highway projects and use the money instead for mass transit and efforts to promote carpooling. Highway construction will be limited to repairs, and construction of carpool lanes and better connections.
- DOT projects accelerate. Jochum, Glenn // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);1/23/95, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the development of infrastructure projects of the United States Department of Transportation (DOT) in Long Island, New York. Expansion of the LI Expressway through Nassau County; Expansion of the Northern State Parkway between Meadowbrook and Wantagh Parkways; Elevation of the LI...
- Abnormal loads filming in the frame. Brown, Roger // Motor Transport;3/29/2010, p3
The article informs that abnormal load escort companies of Great Britain have defended their right to film jobs and post the footage on the Internet.
- 6 May: together we stand. Hobson, Steve // Motor Transport;4/12/2010, p1
The article reports on the road transport industry manifesto which has been unveiled as the industry runs up to the general election on May 6, 2010 in Great Britain.
- THE MANIFESTO. // Motor Transport;4/12/2010, p1
The article highlights the requests of the road transportation industry in Great Britain to the next officials who will be elected during the May 6, 2010 elections.
- Industry united over political aims. Hobson, Steve // Motor Transport;4/12/2010, p10
In this article the author discusses the launching of the road transport manifesto in Great Britain which could be the start of something good for the industry.
- What's it like in the industry? // Commercial Motor;4/1/2010, Vol. 212 Issue 5375, p9
The article seeks readers' response to the publication's Trucking Britain Out of Recession campaign in 2010.
- Abstracts. // Atlantic Economic Journal;Sep90, Vol. 18 Issue 3, Number 3 p120
Presents an abstract of the article `Deregulation of U.S. road haulage: Implications for Europe 1992,' by James P. Rakowski and William A. Cunningham. Deregulation of interstate road haulage in the United States by the Motor Carrier Act of 1980.
- Motor: Briefs. // Traffic World;05/26/97, Vol. 250 Issue 8, p26
Presents various developments on motor transportation in the United States and Canada as of May 26, 1997. Includes Roadway Express' purchase of Reimer Freight Lines; Plans of Old Dominion Freight Line to invest on new equipment; Partnership recognition award given to G.I. Trucking.
- Motor: Briefs. // Traffic World;8/05/96, Vol. 247 Issue 5, p34
Reports on developments concerning carriers in the United States. Includes American Freightways common carrier shipment rates; Yellow Freight System partnership agreement with Sankyu Inc.; ANR Advance Transportation agreements with Coastal Capital Corp.