MSRB Begins Offering 'Snapshot' Reports 2 Days After Trade Dates
- NIIDS Tests Extended 90 Days. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;4/7/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32851, p1
The article reports on the extension of 90 days given by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to broker-dealers to test the New Issue Information Dissemination System (NIIDS) in the U.S. Frank Chin stated that the extension is a response to complaints from two market groups that the...
- IMAGING IS EVERYTHING. Sisk, Michael // Securities Industry News;12/20/2004 Supp Clearing, p24
Presents information on the document-imaging technology being offered by clearinghouses to broker-dealers in the U.S. Role of document-imaging technology in operation efficiency and customer relationship; Efforts of several broker-dealers to obtain the best document-imaging technology;...
- Jobs That Are a Click Away. Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Apr2004, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p36
Profiles four companies offering online services for brokers and employers in the U.S. Brokersbullpen LLC; BrokerHunter.com; WallStJobs.com.
- TBMA: Proposed Changes to G-23 Would Shrink Options, Competition. // Bond Buyer;2/13/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32218, p8
The article reports that the Bond Market Association believes that the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's Rule G-23 is a successful, well-drafted rule, requiring thorough and accurate disclosure by regulated broker-dealers to issuers and investors in the U.S. The author implies that...
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;06/12/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31158, p24
Presents charts depicting the results of the negotiated sales of the securities of various public institutions in the United States as of June 12, 2001. Total amount accumulated; Date of issue; Companies negotiating the sales.
- Higher spreads lead to fewer SLGS sales. Selway, William // Bond Buyer;10/29/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30510, p2
Reports on the anticipated slowdown of state and local government series securities in the United States. Treasury's handling of its net borrowing needs in reaction to the slowdown.
- MTS Suspends Trading Due to Computer Glitch. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;12/17/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 49, p9
Reports the suspension of trading on government securities in the United States. Implication of incorrect information on software; Impact of technological error on multiple platforms; Decline of bond system in the market.
- Prudential Financial Introduces Automatic, Online Licensing App For Insurance/Annuity Products. // Insurance Advocate;4/26/2004, Vol. 115 Issue 16, p38
Announces the introduction of an automatic, online licensing application called Online Confidential Data Sheet (CDS) for brokers seeking appointment to sell the company's insurance and annuity product by Prudential Financial Inc. Features of the Online CDS; Advantages of the new application to...
- The trading floor. Ulick, Jake; Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;06/09/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30410, p37
Reports on developments concerning government security underwriters and dealers in the United States as of June 9, 1998. Includes Ambac Assurance Corp.'s hiring of Dennis Santo as managing director in its public finance division; Retirement of J. Cameron Hoggan Jr. as managing director and...