NEWS IN BRIEF
- Weekly T-Bills Go At 0.930%, 0.975%. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;3/9/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31837, p2
Reports on tender rates for the United States Department of the Treasury's 91-day and 182-day discount bills as of March 9, 2004. Coupon equivalents.
- Treasury 4-Weeks Go At 2.360% High Yield. // Bond Buyer;2/21/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32820, p2
The article announces that Treasury Department hold an auction sale of its 28 billion four-week bills at 2.360% high yield and a price of 99.816444 in the U.S. The treasury bills auction sale has a coupon equivalent of 2.404% and bid-to-cover ratio of 2.73. The estimated total tender is worth...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Lim, Yong // Bond Buyer;4/22/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31619, p2
Presents news briefs related to financial services industry in the U.S. as of April 22, 2003. Plan of the U.S. Treasury Department to sell discount bills today; Decision of the Treasury Department to raise the new cash by auctioning multi-billion dollars of two-year notes on Wednesday to...
- >INBRIEF. Siegel, Gary E.; Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;12/28/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32287, p2
The article presents updates related to economy in the U.S. It was discovered that manufacturing activity slowdown. Cited as an example is the decline in the Chicago Fed Midwest Manufacturing Index. In Texas, overall manufacturing activity expanded. There was a mixture in the tender rates for...
- Treasury Funds Win July's Performance Derby. MARIE BEERENS // Investors Business Daily;8/5/2015, pA06
The article focuses on the July 2015 Performance Report of the U.S. Treasury entitled "2015 Best Mutual Funds." According to the report, there is an increase in the treasury funds by 1.3% with 0.87% return. The report cites that U.S. government funds increased 0.02% while high-yield funds...
- Treasury to Pay Down $12B With 4-Week Bills. Smith, Nicole // Bond Buyer;9/6/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32460, p2
The article reports on the plans of the Treasury Department to sell four-week discount bills worth $ 12 billion in the U.S. The twenty eight day bills will pay down the $ twelve billion dollars and will serve as a refund for the $ 24 billion maturing bills of the government. The discount bills...
- 8-Day Cash Management Bills Draw 5.165% High Rate. Smith, Nicole // Bond Buyer;9/6/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32460, p2
The article reports on the sale of a $ 12 billion eight-day management bills by the U.S. Treasury Department dated September 7, 2006 and which is supposed to be due on September 15, 2006 with a high tender rate of 5.165 percent. It was reported that the bid-to cover ratio was 3.23. The...
- T-Bill Auction To Pay Down $1.998B. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;5/7/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31879, p2
Reports that the United States Treasury Department will auction T-bills to pay for maturing securities.
- New ways to bond with Uncle Sam. Tyson, James L. // Christian Science Monitor;8/24/98, Vol. 90 Issue 189, p12
Reports that the United States Treasury Department has cut the minimum purchase requirement for Treasury bills and short-term notes. Amount now required; Safety of these investments; Purchasing through the Internet; Why government securities are attractive.