Moody's Downgrades California's GO Bond Rating One Notch to A3
- Rating Agencies: MassPike Finally Approaching More Stable Ground. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;6/25/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31664, p3
Six months ago things looked bleak for the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority (MassPike). Financial obligations for the $14.5 billion Big Dig project in Boston were piling up, and commuter revenue was dwindling. Earlier this year, Moody's Investors Service Inc. downgraded $2.2 billion of bonds...
- Moody's Releases CDO Indices. Gregory, Michael // Bank Loan Report;1/28/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p3
Presents information on the release of the first installment of a research suite called CDO Navigator by finacial services firm Moody's Investors Service in January 2002.
- Moody's: Guarantor outlook is positive. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/02/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30779, p30
Cites a report released by Moody's Investors Service Inc., concerning the prospects for financial guarantors in the United States. Guarantors' decision to re-focus on their core enhancement franchise; Departure from less-profitable business lines; Strengthening of risk-management processes.
- Moody's: Variable Annuities Imperil Insurers' Credit. Gjertsen, Lee Ann // American Banker;10/17/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 199, p11
Cites a report by Moody's Investor Service Inc. regarding the insurance industry in the United States. Effect of competition in the industry on companies; Proposed measures to improve credit quality and variable annuity results; Proposed measures for companies to be profitable in the industry.
- Moody's Downgrades California. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;2/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31571, p1
Focuses on bond ratings of California that were downgraded by financial rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. Multi-billion dollar revenue shortfall that has led to the downgrade; Significance of the ratings; Expectations of financial analysts regarding the state's deficits.
- Moody's Lowers Rapid City, S.D., Hospital. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31589, p4
Focuses on the downgraded bond ratings of Rapid City Regional Hospital in South Dakota by the rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. Multi-million dollar outstanding debt that the downgrade affects; Multi-million dollar revenue bonds that the hospital system plans to sell in April, 2003;...
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Finestone, Deborah; Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;6/13/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31656, p37
This article presents information about developments in securities industries in different states of the U.S. as of June 13, 2003. Alaska Governor Frank Murkowski appointed seven members to the Alaska Natural Gas Authority. The authority was created by a ballot initiative in November 2002 to...
- Lincoln, Neb., Gets Aaa From Moody's. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/16/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31657, p4
Moody's Investors Service Inc. upgraded Lincoln, Nebraska'a rating on $56.6 million of outstanding general obligation (GO) bonds to Aaa from Aa1 in the week preceding June 25, 2003. Standard & Poor's Corp. has had a AAA rating on the city's GO debt since 1978. Ameritas Investment Corp....
- Cedars-Sinai Affirmed. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;8/01/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31690, p35
Reports that debt rating agency, Moody's Investor Service has affirmed the A3 revenue bond rating for Cedars-Sinai Medical Center's, California, $750 million outstanding debt. Growth in revenue of the Los Angeles, California-based medical center.