Odd Form Assembly Challenges
- Penske Installing Truck-Lite LED headlights from on 5,000 Rental Semi-Trucks. // Bulk Transporter;Jan2013, Vol. 75 Issue 7, p34
The article reports that Penske Truck Leasing Co. LP will retrofit 5,000 model year 2012 and 2013 tractors within its commercial truck rental fleet. To take place over the next 12 months, the retrofit highlights new, cutting-edge light-emitting diode (LED) headlights from Truck-Lite Co. Inc. It...
- Surviving the new CONSTRUCTION slump. Harrington, Erin // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2008 Supplement, p6
The article reports that retrofit market is one of the ways to survive the crisis in the construction industry in the U.S. It states that retrofit market can keep the business healthy because there are some serious demands for retrofit services which span home theaters and entertainment centers,...
- Radio Holland USA Provides Alucia with Electronics Retrofit. // Sea Technology;Oct2007, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p64
The article reports that Houston, Texas-based Radio Holland USA provided the major electronics retrofit needed by Dunedin, New Zealand-based DeepOcean Quest Expeditionsâ€™ motor vessel Alicia. The retrofit was required before Alicia could start a series of expeditions in the Pacific Ocean...
- The 41-Year Plan. // PC FAB;Jun2002, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p56
Describes the change in the business plans of KCA Electronics and APT Electronics. Brief background on KCA; Reasons for the diversification; Performance of APT.
- The 'Shape-Shifting' Marketplace. Swanstrom, Kenneth A. // ECN: Electronic Component News;Jan2002 Part1of2, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p29
Focuses on the business schemes of contract manufacturing services (CMS) of electronics industry. Objective of outsourcing; Growth of CMS; Approach to sustain the business.
- Every Company Needs a Chinese Strategy. Johnson, Grant // ECN: Electronic Component News;Nov2002, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p29
Explains the importance for the electronics industry to emulate the corporate strategies promoted by the Chinese government. Enumeration of the features of the Chinese business strategy; Effectiveness of the strategy evident in the Chinese admission to the World Trade Organization.
- Elminating High-Volume Manufacturing Bottlenecks. Walther, Glen // Printed Circuit Design;Apr2002, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p10
Focuses on eliminating high-volume manufacturing in the electronics industry. Discussion on the function and viability of prototype devices; Advantages of considering concerns of high-volume manufacturing at the prototype phase; Importance of planning and communication if prototype design is...
- OEMs Becoming EMS Providers: Can it Work? Gordon, Pamela; Wyckoff, Robert // Circuits Assembly;Sep2002, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p54
Focuses on the efforts of the original equipment manufacturers to incorporate an electronic manufacturing service business division in North America. Increase of the return on assets; Key factors influencing the profitability of the business; Awareness on the needs of the customers.
- Don't Be Afraid To Criticize The Emperor's New Strategy. Reinertsen, Don // Electronic Design;05/15/2000, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p58
Offers advice on the proper implementation of business strategy in the electronics industry. Establishment of a target market; Need for knowledge of the competition; Need for information content in business strategies.