Rework and Repair
- Ensuring Reproducibility in Selective Soldering. Diepstraten, Gerjan; Schouten, Gert // Circuits Assembly;Oct2002, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p34
Describes the selective soldering process in detail. Specification limits needed to achieve a reliable and robust selective soldering; Importance of process capability for defining the reproducibility of a process; Use of soldering in the automotive electronics industry.
- Low-residue soldering saves time and money. D.M. // Electronic Design;3/4/96, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p29
Discusses the results of a study conducted by a joint government-industry task force in the United States regarding low-residue soldering processes. Advantages of the use of low-residue soldering processes to the electronics industry; Reduction of pollution through the use of the processes;...
- Defining the Correct Soldering Process. Diepstraten, Gerjan // Circuits Assembly;Dec2002, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p26
Focuses on the correct characterization of soldering techniques in the automative electronics industry. Significance of flux in soldering process; Systems used in selective soldering applications; Pre-heat configuration of the soldering machine; Categories in which the cost for the soldering...
- NEMI Targets Lead-Free Alloy. Levine, Bernard // Electronic News;11/01/99, Vol. 45 Issue 44, p46
Focuses on the efforts of the National Electronics Manufacturing Initiative (NEMI) consortium to standardized a lead-free solder alternative. Alternative alloys considered by NEMI; Objectives outlined for the project.
- Lead-free solution recommended. // R&D Magazine;Mar2000, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p9
Focuses on the recommendation of the National Electronics Manufacturing Initiative in Virginia to use a standard lead-free solder alternative.
- Lead-Free Wave Soldering. Westby, George // Circuits Assembly;Apr2002, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p26
Focuses on the processes in lead-free wave soldering. Adoption of lead-free alloys in the electronics industry; Level of various elemental contaminants in the solder; Water requirements for evaporation.
- Solder Preforms in Electronic Packaging. Holtzer, Mitch // Circuits Assembly;Apr2002, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p42
Focuses on the importance of solder preforms in dispensing solder pastes during wave soldering in electronic industries. Marginal results of the process; Elimination of print pastes in a though hole; Difference between the connector lead and the through hole.
- Through-Hole Rework of Thermal Dissipating Assemblies. Garnick, Richard; Wachter, Ronald // Circuits Assembly;Mar2002, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p42
Focuses on the development of method incorporating computer control of temperature, time and motion of solder pot modules and preheaters. Steps for the successful through-hole repair method; Use of hot gas system to remove the solder from the barrels; Assessment on the controlled process of...
- Untitled. // Bicycling;Jun2001, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p36
Gives advice about bicycle maintenance such as the use of silver solder to fuse the ends of stainless steel cables and the application of frame and fork protectors during traveling.