- Third Tin Whisker Workshop slated for ECTC. McLaughlin, Patrick // Connector Specifier;Apr/May2006, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the International Electronics Manufacturing Initiative's sponsorship of the third annual Tin Whisker Workshop on May 30, 2006 in San Diego, California. Goal of the workshop; Significance of the workshop according to Purdue University professor Carol Handwerker; Highlights of the...
- Fears of tin whisker growth in solder trimmed by tests. // Electronics Weekly;6/11/2003, Issue 2103, p5
Reports that an international team to study tin whisker growth mechanisms in lead-free soldering has been agreed at a meeting of electronic industry associations in Tokyo, Japan in June 2003. Details of the proposed project; Industry associations involved in the effort.
- INDUSTRY CALENDAR. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;6/6/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p12
This section presents a list of scheduled conventions conducted by the Consumer Electronics Association in Colorado from June to July 2005.
- education. // Microwaves & RF;Nov2004, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p54
Presents events related to the electronics industry as of November 2004. Microwave Measurements for Digital Communication Systems from November 30 to December 1, 2004 in Orlando, Florida; Wi-Fi Planet Fall 2004 Conference & Expo from November 30 to December 2, 2004 in San Jose, California; 2004...
- Events. // CircuiTree;Jan2009, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p48
The article offers information on the DesignCon 2009 to be held in Santa Clara, California on February 3-4, 2009, the China Printed Circuit Association (CPCA) Show to be held in Shanghai, China on March 17-19, 2009, and the 2009 IPC APEX Expo to be held in Las Vegas, Nevada on March 31-April 2,...
- AOC ASSOCIATION NEWS. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Nov2005, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p66
Highlights the Association of Old Crows International Symposium and Convention in the U.S. Objectives of the convention; Theme and focus of the event; Sponsors and organizers of the program; Participants and activities of the event.
- NSCA. // Sound & Video Contractor;Oct2006, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p26
The article offers news briefs related to the National Systems Contractors Association (NSCA). It reports that NSCA convened a Convergence Summit of manufacturers, contractors and consultants from the commercial electronics industry to discuss the definition of convergence. The NSCA University...
- Events. // CircuiTree;Mar2009, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p48
A calendar of events for around the word in March to April 2009 is presented, which includes the Assembly Summit in Chicago, the 2009 Designers Summit of the Association Connecting Electronics Industries (IPC) in Las Vegas, Nevada, and the 2009 IPC APEX EXPO in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- HTSA's Glikes Upbeat at CEDIA Gathering. LAPOSKY, JOHN; Smith, Steve // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/15/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p20
The article discusses the highlights of meetings an evening reception held by Home Theater Specialists of America (HTSA) at CEDIA Expo in Denver, Colorado. An address was given by executive director Richard Glikes to the vendors and retailers. He assured them that the landscape is not as bad as...