Feinfocus, Palomar Collaborate
- Development of Broadband Low Actuation Voltage RF MEM Switches. Shen, S.C.; Becher, D.; Fan, Z.; Caruth, D.; Feng, Milton // Active & Passive Electronic Components;Mar2002, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p97
Reports on the development of state-of-the-art broadband low-voltage radio frequency (RF) microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) switches using cantilever and hinged apologies. Sub-10 volts operation for both switch topologies; Insertion loss of the switches.
- MEMS flex their tiny muscles. Prophet, Graham // EDN;2/7/2002, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p63
Focuses on the use of MEMS (microelectromechanical systems) for radio frequency (RF) applications. Mechanics of the MEMS RF switches; Forecast for MEMS RF market; Approaches for activating MEMS switch. INSET: MAKING MEMS MAINSTREAM.
- NEW products. // Advanced Packaging;Dec2003, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p39
Features equipment for use in the electronic packaging industry. X-ray inspection technology from FEINFOCUS; Non-porous dielectric materials from Silecs Inc.; Wire bonder Palomar Technologies.
- INTEGRATION IN THE OTHER DIRECTION. RAKO, PAUL // EDN;1/21/2010, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p24
The article discusses building electronic systems using separate dice or separate chips. Dave Robertson, vice president of analog technology at Analog Devices, proposes smart positioning or moving functions onto other chips. The article recommends implementing analog, radio frequency (RF),...
- Sensitivity of a micromechanical displacement detector based on the radio-frequency single-electron transistor. Blencowe, Miles P.; Wybourne, Martin N.; Wybourne, Martin N // Applied Physics Letters;12/4/2000, Vol. 77 Issue 23
Investigates the tunneling shot noise limits on the sensitivity of a micromechanical displacement detector based on a metal junction, radio-frequency single electron transistor (rf SET). Improvement of displacement sensitivities with the increasing gate voltage bias.
- Kudos. // Microwaves & RF;Feb2006, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p26
Presents news briefs related to microwaves and radio frequency as of February 2006. Information on the ISO/TS 16949:2002 certification received by Hittite Microwave Corp. for the design, manufacture and sale of plastic encapsulated analog and mixed-signal integrated circuits; Shipment of the...
- Kudos. // Microwaves & RF;Jun2005, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p28
Presents information on several electronic companies in the U.S. that have received awards in 2005. Plexus Corp.; Chipcon AS; Palomar Technologies.
- Laying the foundation for exciting applications. Allan, Roger // Electronic Design;4/29/2002, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p68
Discusses the applications of microelectromechanical (MEMS) devices in the radiofrequency, biomedical and geophysical/environmental fields. Advantages of MEMS technology; Mechanical and electrical properties of MEMS devices; Performance of MEMS devices.
- World's smallest 10GHz RF MEMS switch/relay. // Electronics Weekly;11/26/2008, Issue 2362, p51
The article evaluates the 10GHz radio frequency microelectromechanical system (RF MEMS) switch/relay from Omron.