'Clifford' Finds a New Dog House In Texas Pre-K Adoption
- Scholastic's 'Clifford' Leads Pack In Texas Pre-K Adoption. // Electronic Education Report;8/15/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 15, p6
Reports on the solid launching pad provided by the adoption of comprehensive pre-K programs for LeapFrog and Scholastic Inc. in Texas. Sales garnered by LeapFrog; Attention paid by Scholastic to pre-school education; Performance of McGraw-Hill Inc. and Harcourt Inc. in the sector.
- Major Publishers Adding Electronics. // Electronic Education Report;04/25/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p2
Reports that print publishers, Houghton Mifflin, Scholastic and McGraw-Hill will add software and online products to their merchandise. Development of online learning networks that provide content, assessment and other resources for teachers, parents and students; McGraw-Hill's expansion of its...
- From Their Perch Atop the K-12 Market, McGraw-Hill and Pearson Lower 2003 Outlook for Industry. // Educational Marketer;8/04/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 22, p1
Reports on the sales performance of electronic publishing firms Pearson Education Inc. and McGrawHill for its K-12 school market in Texas. Business plans of the both companies; Revision of growth projection; Marketing strategy of the firms.
- Textbook case: McGraw-Hill maps an electronic future. Campbell, Kim // Christian Science Monitor;12/8/95, Vol. 88 Issue 10, p8
Informs about the gradual shift made towards the electronic media, by the McGraw-Hill Companies, a century old publisher. Contributions made by Joseph Dionne, company's chairman and chief executive officer in this transformation; Names of the publications available through electronic channels;...
- Strong Gains for McGraw-Hill Cos.' Education Group. // Publishers Weekly;07/31/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 31, p18
Reports on the financial performance of the education group of McGraw-Hill Cos. for the second quarter ended June 30, 2000. Revenue increase posted by the firm's education group; Increase in the company's operating profit; Reason for the rise in seasonal loss posted by the group.
- Educational/Professional Markets Boost McGraw-Hill's 3rd Q Growth. // Educational Marketer;10/18/99, Vol. 30 Issue 30, p5
Looks at the third quarter earnings of McGraw-Hill in 1999.
- Financial news. // Book Publishing Report;10/18/99, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p6
Looks at the financial performance of McGraw-Hill Companies. Revenue increase for the third quarter of fiscal 2000; Earnings; Operating profit.
- Results Up at MHC Publishing Group. // Publishers Weekly;2/1/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 5, p18
Reports on the sales posted by McGraw-Hill Cos. in its educational and professional publishing operations in 1998. Operating profit for the year; Factors behind the gain; Sales in elementary unit; Revenues in the professional unit.
- MHC Education Group Has Mixed Period. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/29/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 17, p19
Reports on the earnings of McGraw-Hill Cos. in the first quarter ended March 31, 2002. Comparison with year earlier results; Best performing segment in the period; Sales performances of various operations.