South-Western Expands Business Line with Texere Acquisition
- Thomson's Wadsworth and Custom Pub. Create New Database Tool. // Educational Marketer;11/3/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 31, p5
Reports on the partnership between two units of Stamford, Connecticut-based Thomson Learning Corp. to create Proteus Classic, an online database publishing solution for philosophy titles. Features of the online publication; Reason behind the company's move.
- News Briefs. // Information Today;Nov2001, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p39
Presents news briefs concerning the announcements of companies regarding products and services. Announcement by Infodata Systems, Inc. of the release of the Compose 4.1 publishing tool; Announcement by Thomson Learning of an agreement to deliver over 100 digital textbook titles and online...
- South-Western Invests In E-MBA Courses At Univ. Of Rhode Island. // Educational Marketer;12/04/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 34, p8
Reports on the investment made by South-Western, a publisher of higher education business materials and a division of Thomson Learning, to the University of Rhode Island's College of Business Administration.
- Thomson Learning closing down. // Publishers Weekly;12/4/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 49, p15
Reports on Thomson Learning's phasing out of its operations and planned closure in early 1996. Reason for the closure; Number of publications accounted by Wayland titles.
- Thomson Learning Inks Electronic Deals With Xerox And MicroCase. // Educational Marketer;09/20/99, Vol. 30 Issue 27, p7
Reports that Thomson Learning has bought a software publisher and signed an electronic distribution deal with Xerox that will give the company more inroads into the electronic market.
- Thomson Learning Revenue Climbs 9.5% For Fiscal Year-End. // Educational Marketer;03/20/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p7
Reports on the increase in the financial performance of Thomson Learning for the fourth quarter and year ending December 31, 1999.
- Acquisitions, Focus On Technology Credited For Strong Thomson 2Q. // Educational Marketer;08/21/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p7
Reports on the financial performance of Thomson Learning for the second quarter of 2000.
- Thomson Learning Higher Education Units Roll Out New Products For Fall. // Educational Marketer;09/04/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p9
Announces several new electronic offerings for college students and professors from Thompson Learning company as of September 4, 2000.
- Thomson Learning Earnings Rise On Strong Acquisitions, Technology. // Educational Marketer;11/20/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 33, p2
Focuses on the growth of Thomson Learning's revenue and profit during the third quarter of 2000, in the United States.