Book Manufacturers Provide Mixed Views of K-12 and College Markets
- Printers See Signs of Hope. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/15/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 46, p10
Reports on the performance of the corporate profits of book printing companies in the U.S. for the third quarter of 2004. Sales and earnings performance of Courier Corp.; Percentage increase in the sales of the book group of Banta; Factors that influence the sales of Quebecor World.
- The View From the Printers. Curwen, Ginger // Publishers Weekly;10/28/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 43, pS5
Describes the changes that several book printers are employing in their technology and business. Quebecor World; Banta; Maple-Vail Book Manufacturing.
- Printers: Mixed Results In '02: Waiting for Harry. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/10/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 6, p55
Highlights the sales performance of the book printing industry in 2002. Factor attributed to the sales drop posted by Quebecor World; Key to the growth of Banta Corp.; Sales growth posted by R. R. Donnelley.
- Top printers report strong '94 gains. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/20/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 8, p107
Reports on the financial performance of selected book printers in the United States for fiscal year 1994. R.R. Donnelley and Sons; Banta Corp.; Quebecor; Total revenues; Net income; Sales.
- The Fully-Rounded Printer. Kinsman, Matt // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Aug2007, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p21
The article focuses on how printers can offer additional ways for publishers to monetize their digital products. According to the article, the goal is to aid publishers in serving content across different types of media. Publishers that are evaluating printer technology include Quebecor World,...
- Difficult Market Leads to Slump in Printing Sales. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/16/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 7, p52
Deals with the sales decline posted by the book industry's major printers in 2003. Factors attributed to the sales decline; Outlook of Stephanie Streeter, CEO of Banta Corp. on the company's prospects for 2004; Sales drop posted by R.R. Donnelley & Sons Co. in the fourth quarter of 2003;...
- Pricing Pressures Plague Printers. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/16/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 33, p6
Reports on the impact of overcapacity and pricing on book operations as cited by publishing companies R.R. Donnelley, Banta Corp. and Quebecor World. Plan of Qubecor to invest in printing machinery; Decrease in sales in the book printing division of Banta; Information on the restructuring of...
- Cross-media publishing systems. Walter // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Oct99, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p16
Features cross-media electronic publishing systems from various vendors. Banta Corp.'s `dynamic publishing' solution to electronic publishing; Bitstream Inc.'s Mpower composition product; Cascade Corp.'s Cascade Context Server cross-media system.
- 2012 College Outlook: College Digital Migration to Define 2012. // Educational Marketer;1/16/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p1
The article reports on the plan of book manufacturer Courier Corp. to accelerate the mobilization of digital content in college publishing in the U.S. According to James Conway III, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of Courier, the company is preparing to maximize its electronic...