- Moody's downgrades Cedars-Sinai center. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;08/17/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30706, p32
Reports on Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s downgrade of outstanding health care revenue bonds issued for Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. Reasons for the downgrade.
- News In Brief: Tredyffrin Twp., Pa., Raised by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;2/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31318, p2
Reports on the upgradation of the general obligation debt of the township of Tredyffrin, Pennsylvania along with other debts by the U.S. rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. as of February 5, 2002. Rating assigned to the Tredyffrin Township Municipal Authority's highway improvement...
- Doubts About US Airways' Pittsburgh Hub Prompt Downgrade by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;7/07/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31671, p5
Reports on downgrade of general airport revenue bonds owned by Allegheny County Airport Authority in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania by U.S.-based rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. Reason behind the downgrade of bonds; Affect of the downgrade of bonds on multi-million dollar of outstanding...
- City of Hope on negative watchlist. // Bond Buyer;02/09/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30575, p2
Reports that Moody's Investors Service has placed the California-based City of Hope National Medical Center's Baa1 long-term bond rating on Watchlist for possible downgrade.
- N.Y.'s Beth Israel Medical Center Takes Rating Hit From Moody's. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;06/16/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30914, p6
Informs that Moody's Investors Service downgraded the primary and underlying bond ratings for New York City's Beth Israel Medical Center to B2 from Baa2. Significant decline in 1999 operating revenues; Extremely low level of cash on hand; Value of outstanding debt affected by the downgrade.
- Past errors hurt Chicago hospital's rating. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;02/16/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30579, p37
Reports that Chicago, Illinois-based Mercy Hospital & Medical Center has been downgraded by Moody's Investors Service because it incorrectly reported its financial results. Late audit report; Operating losses experienced by the hospital; Discrepancy in the hospital's books.
- Moody's Downgrades Tobacco, Once Again. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/3/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31648, p4
Moody's Investors Service Inc. on June 2, 2003 downgraded the ratings on $19 billion of municipal bonds backed by securitized tobacco payments made to states under the terms of the 1998 Master Settlement Agreement (MSA). Philip Morris USA Inc. stated that such an appeal bond would force...
- News In Brief: St. Olaf College, Minn., Upgraded. // Bond Buyer;3/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31341, p2
Reports that U.S.-based rating agency Moody's Investor Service Inc. has upgraded the long-term debt rating of Saint Olaf College, Minnesota. Facts regarding the rise in bond rating of the college; Steady enrollment of the college due to its strong market position.
- The ratings game. Mayer, Martin // International Economy;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p32
Focuses on the task of ratings agencies Moody's Investors Service Inc. and Standard & Poor's Corp. as related to their ability to interpret risks presented by debt sellers. Classification of a debtor in default; Assistance extended by the International Monetary Fund to countries and industries...