- Adventures in Direct Democracy: The Top Ten Constitutional Lessons from the California Recall Experience. Amar, Vikram Devid // California Law Review;May2004, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p927
California conducted an extraordinary exercise in self-government last fall. For the first time in the state's history, a gubernatorial recall measure qualified for a statewide general election. After a litigation roller coaster that came close to derailing the election for months, voters, on...
- Total Recall. // Know Your World Extra;9/26/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p5
Reports on the candidacy of actor Arnold Schwarzenegger as governor of California. Information on a recall election called against incumbent Governor Gray Davis; Social and economic problems facing the state.
- Court Hears Calif. Recall Arguments. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;9/23/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31725, p1
Reports on the court hearing of the recall election of Governor Gray Davis in California. Assessment of voter frustration, confusion and doubt; Schedule of the election; Debate on the electoral process.
- Lincoln Club Prez Calls Davis Ouster; Woolley Comes Home. Reiff, Rick // Orange County Business Journal;6/2/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p3
Reports developments in Orange County, California as of June 2003. Signature campaign of Lincoln Club for the recall of Governor Gray Davis; Anniversary celebration of Martin and Tamar Brower; Renovation of the Hilton Costa Mesa.
- Recall? Voters Missed Their Chance Last November. // San Diego Business Journal;2/24/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p34
Editorial. Comments on the campaign of Californians to recall Governor Gray Davis. Concern over the increasing state deficit; Correction of the current financial mess; Proposal for special election.
- Recall Campaign Ushers in Summer of Political Turmoil. Fine, Howard // San Diego Business Journal;7/14/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 28, p5
Reports on the progress of the election recall campaign against Governor Gray Davis in California. Factors stimulating the recall campaign; Citations of the potential candidates in the proposed re-election; Response of Davis to the recall campaign.
- GLBT groups say Davis recall would be bad for community. Cyphers, Amber L. // Gay & Lesbian Times;8/14/2003, Issue 816, p39
Discusses the campaign of Governor Gray Davis for gays in California to oppose his recall. Consternation of civil rights groups; State of the economy and energy deregulation fiasco; Notoriety of anti-gays in the state.
- A Tarnished Election in the Golden State. Steinberg, Arnold // World & I;Nov2002, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p32
Provides information on the candidacy of California Governor Gray Davis for the 2002 gubernatorial election in California. Details on his campaign; Discussion on his opponent Bill Simon; Correlation between the defeat of gubernatorial candidate Richard Nixon in 1962 and the candidacy of Davis. ...
- Next Stage for Recall: Who's In, Who's Out. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;7/21/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 29, p1
Reports on the likelihood of the election to recall Governor Gray Davis in California. Critical dynamics of the election to recall; Gubernatorial candidate annointed by the Democratic Party; Plans of the Republican Party to promote a single candidate.