Houston-Area Transportation Projects In for a Bumpy Ride From Politicians
- Leading the top cops. Osborne, K. // Black Enterprise;Dec90, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p18
Announces the inauguration of the first African-American president of the 15,000 member International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP). Brief profile of new president, New York City's police commissioner Lee P. Brown; Key issues on Brown's agenda.
- Lee Brown to become new NYC police commissioner. // Jet;1/8/90, Vol. 77 Issue 13, p9
Reports on the naming of Lee Brown as police commissioner for New York City, which has the largest police force in the nation.
- Community Policing: BRING THE COMMUNITY INTO THE BATTLE AGAINST CRIME. // Vital Speeches of the Day;7/1/92, Vol. 58 Issue 18, p567
Presents a speech by New York City Police Commissioner Lee P. Brown, `Community Policing,' delivered at the 13th Annual Lehman Lecture Series at Long Island University in New York, New York on March 11, 1992, detailing how to bring the community into the battle against crime.
- Senate hears testimony from Brown; Field reacts to appointment. // Alcoholism Report;May93, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p2
Reports on Lee Brown's appointment as head of the Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP). Responsibilities; Elevation to cabinet-level status; ONDCP budget; Reactions by leaders in the addiction field.
- Drug czar Lee Brown to address field groups at joint legislative conference. // Alcoholism Report;Jan1994, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p4
Informs that Lee P. Brown, director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP) has agreed to meet with representatives from various field groups during a three-day legislative conference from February 27-March 1, 1994 in Washington, DC. Politicians who hope to attend the meeting,...
- White House continues search to replace Brown. // Alcoholism Report;Jan1996, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p2
Reports that the White House is looking for someone to head the anti-drug office after the resignation of Lee Brown in November, 1996. Comments from President Bill Clinton.
- The rap sheet on Lee Brown. Blauner, P.; Psihoyos, L. // New York;1/22/90, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p32
Profiles New York City's new police commissioner, Lee Brown, an out-of-towner with a Ph.D. in criminology, and a national reputation in his field. Career history including jobs in Houston and Atlanta; Personal background; Massive problems he faces in NYC including epidemics of crack and violent...
- National news update. // Addiction Letter;May93, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p5
Presents updates on national news. Appointment of Lee Brown as director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy; Health care budget; Students Against Drunk Driving; Addiction benefit in the national health care reform plan.
- THE ROAD TO CZARDOM. Seligman, Daniel; de Llosa, Patty // Fortune;9/6/1993, Vol. 128 Issue 5, p130
Comments on the appointment of Lee Brown as director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy and his performance during the New York City four-day race riots in Brooklyn's Crown Heights two years ago. The Crown Heights report, commissioned by the state of New York, referred to then-Police...