Business Plans, Not Ideas, Required
- ProVen aims to raise millions via C-share offer. // Fund Strategy;11/20/2006, p8
The article reports that ProVen VCT PLC's venture capital trust (VCT) is planning to raise Â£15 million of new assets thru a C-share offer in Great Britain. The money raised from the C-share offer will form a capital that will be kept separate from the VCT's original ordinary shares. The...
- Esmertec wraps up year's largest software firm fund. // New Media Age;11/20/2003, p8
Reports on the third round of venture capital funding of Esmertec in November 2003. Investment firms involved in the venture capital deal; Total money raised by the company; Utilization plans for the raised funds.
- Close Brothers caters for middle market. // Accountancy;Nov2002, Vol. 130 Issue 1311, p78
This article focuses on British company Close Brothers Corporate Finance, part of the independent Close Brothers Group, which prides itself on advising middle market companies throughout Europe. It has over 150 corporate finance professionals. Close Brothers provides a wide range of investment...
- Investments in New Jersey So Far This Year. // Business News New Jersey;08/08/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 32, p22
Takes a look at the profile of New Jersey companies receiving venture capital in the first half of 2000. Total amount of venture capital investments; Decline of Internet-related investments.
- Corporations and the Financing of Innovation: The Corporate Venturing Experience. Gompers, Paul A. // Economic Review (07321813);2002 4th Quarter, Vol. 87 Issue 4, p1
Explores the history, structure and performance of corporate venture programs in the U.S. Types of corporate venturing; History of corporate venturing investments; Indicators of the size of the corporate venturing effort; Trends and determinants of whether corporate venture capital investments...
- Money Order. Evanson, David R.; Beroff, Art // Entrepreneur;Jul2001, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p47
Discusses the steps suggested to entrepreneurs to raise venture capital. Importance of forming an advisory board; Reason it is needed to secure legal counsel.
- The Deal Flow Slows Down. Taber, Shankar P.; Taber, George M. // Business News New Jersey;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p12
Provides information on venture capital investments in New Jersey in the first quarter of 2001 based on the MoneyTree Survey conducted by PricewaterhouseCoopers in partnership with VentureOne. Decline in Internet-related investments; Share of investment received by communications and networking...
- VC all but disappears in 4th qtr. for county. Soule, Alexander // Fairfield County Business Journal;2/2/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p6
The article reports that the quarterly MoneyTree data has indicated that only three companies in Fairfield County, Connecticut, was able to raise $1 million in venture capital funding for the fourth quarter of 2008, compared to the five companies that raised $32 million in the third quarter. It...
- opportunities in a recession. Zaborowski, Jeremy // Economic Development Journal;Winter2009, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p42
The article focuses on the impact of venture capital (VC) investment to U.S. economy. It cites how VC influence the development of knowledge economy and entrepreneurship into a certain community, which, in so many ways, improve the ability to attract investment. The definition of VC is provided...