REIT Asset Sales: A Dangerous Game?
- REITs Go Worldwide. Abrams, Sandra Lea // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/28/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 26, p14
Reports on the plan of the British government to create a real estate investment trust (REIT) structure modeled following the U.S. version. Benefits of the REIT market; Access to the real estate market; Requirements for REIT.
- The (b)right investment. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;6/9/2003, p48
Discusses the benefits of investing in property unit trusts. Apparent sudden rush by management companies to launch listed property funds; Wrong reasons for investing in property unit trusts; Distinct characteristics of property as an investment; Types of investors for whom property unit trusts...
- Land Ho! REITs Offer Succor Amid Turbulent Equity Seas. // Bank Investment Consultant;Sep2001, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p32
Reports on investment advisers' use of real estate investment trusts (REIT) and REIT-based mutual funds to preserve capital and boost yields. Total institutional REIT investments and retail load fund managed by the Aim of Houston; Bank-owned complexes that have REIT funds; Advantages of REIT;...
- SSgA TUCKERMAN ACTIVE REIT FUND. // On Wall Street;Oct2002, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p118
Focuses on the SSgA Tuckerman Active REIT Fund. Investment outlook for the real estate investment trust (REIT); Top holdings of the fund; Industry allocation of the fund.
- REITS: What a Difference a Year Makes. Storms, Phil // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug2001, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p46
Provides information on real estate investment trusts (REIT). Impact of the decline in share prices on the manner in which REIT conducted business; Reason for considering REIT in every portfolio; Practice of most planners investing in REIT.
- AREITs healthier but caution urged. Pokrajac, Milana // Money Management;9/15/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p7
The article offers updates related to the condition of the Australian real estate investment trusts (AREITs) in 2011.
- Despite deal closings, REIT purchases slow. // National Real Estate Investor;Apr99, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p10
Reports that real-estate investment trust (REIT) acquisitions have been slow for the fourth quarter of 1998 due to the impact of tightening credit markets. Total acquisitions closed by REIT from October through December; Total value of acquisitions closed by REIT in 1998; Large property...
- REITs on Top. // Journal of Property Management;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the increase in property purchases of REIT in the third quarter of 1998 in the United States. Deals which contributed to the increase; Most active acquisition target.
- Time varying risk premia for real estate investment trusts: A GRACH-M model. Devaney, Michael // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Fall2001, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p335
Presents a study which investigated the return generating process of real estate investment trusts (REIT). Methodology used to investigate the return; Discussion on REIT; Descriptive statistics on REIT portfolio monthly excess returns.