The New Allure of Private Boards
- Land valuation. // Assessment Journal;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p79
Presents a summary of cases involving land valuation. Ireland versus Town of Wethersfield; Inland Container Corporation versus Paulding County Board of Tax Assessors; West Two Ranch versus Pennington County; Summaries of other cases.
- Business law update. // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/25/99, Vol. 38 Issue 43, p1
Details key provisions of business-related laws in Connecticut, which took effect on October 1, 1999. Methodology for determining the value of property for tax purposes; Assessment of personal tax property omitted or undervalued on a tax return; Hospital gross receipt tax; Program to recognize...
- Metody oceÅˆovÃ¡nÃ ochrannÃ½ch oznaÄenÃ jako zÃ¡kladnÃch prvkÅ¯ firemnÃ identity. Malý, Josef; Machek, Ondřej // Ekonomika a Management;2012, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p1
Corporate identity is one of the fundamental factors which determine the market value of a firm. The importance of a correct dealing with a firm's copyrights is increasing. For many companies, the intangible assets are even more important that the tangible ones. This article provides a survey of...
- DOJ and FTC to Hold Joint Hearings on Single-Firm Conduct. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2005 Q4, p1
The article offers information on the single-firm conduct hearings to be hosted by The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) and the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) in 2006. The hearings will focus on what is pro-competitive and anticompetitive in various types of single-firm conduct. The...
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise: Program Implementation Modifications. Rivkin, Robert S. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;9/6/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 173, p54952
The article offers information on a notice of proposed rulemaking (NPRM) which proposes changes to improve implementation of the U.S. Department of Transportation's disadvantaged business enterprise (DBE) rule. It mentions that the NPRM proposes revisions to personal net worth, application, and...
- New laws change Nevada business landscape. Myers, Dennis // Las Vegas Business Press;07/14/97, Vol. 14 Issue 28, p8
Reports on a business legislative reform in Nevada. Provisions of the bill; Includes infrastructure tax; Restrictions on managed care contracts; Support for school-to-work programs; Impact on the business landscape.
- Ten dollar bill. // Treasury & Risk Management;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p12
Reports on the proposed bill in the US Congress that prevents class action lawsuits against companies whose stock decline through no fault of their own.
- Is the 8(a) process worth all the trouble? Thompson, Kevin D. // Black Enterprise;Aug92, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p64
Focuses on the controversial minority set-aside program, section 8(a) of the Small Business Act. Conflicts between minority business owners and the Small Business Administration (SBA); Factors that have blunted the effectiveness of this program; Charges of mismanagement and lack of direction;...
- House business agenda stopped in Senate tracks. Lowe, Roger // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/7/95, Vol. 16 Issue 32, p5
Presents news items on legislative issues affecting businesses in the United States for the week of August 7, 1995. Conflict between the US House of Representatives and the Senate over regulatory proposals; Approval to restore funds for the Small Business Administration's Office of Advocacy;...