Stock Index Investing With a Life Jacket
- Preference for high-yield bonds. // Fund Strategy;10/22/2012, p1
The article discusses on Jim Leaviniss, manager of the M&G Global Marco Bond funds and Julian Marr director of Adviser-hub, which discusses fund industry and global investors bonds, which focuses on the percentage growth of business, including positive china, Peru, and negative investors...
- Optimal Portfolio Strategy with Discounted Stochastic Cash Inflows. Nkeki, Charles I. // Journal of Mathematical Finance;Feb2013, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p130
This paper examines optimal portfolios with discounted stochastic cash inflows (SCI). The cash inflows are invested into a market that is characterized by inflation-linked bond, a stock and a cash account. It was assumed that inflationlinked bond, stock and the cash inflows are stochastic and...
- IN SEARCH OF INCOME. Steyn, Greta // Finance Week;5/31/2004 Supplement - Richer Life, p24
Explains that investors who rely on income from cash and bonds in South Africa are going hungry in a single-digit interest rate environment after getting used to yields of more than 10 percent. Way to generate the most income without putting their capital at risk or taking a knock when interest...
- Bond ETF Tracks A Non-U.S. Index. Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;3/24/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 56, p12
The article reports that State Street Global Advisors, State Street Corp.'s investment management arm, began offering an international inflation-linked bond. The offering, is in response to investor's demands to hedge against risks of inflation. The article describes the bond offering through...
- A Volatile Swap Index. Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/8/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32524, p1
The article reports on the volatility in the former Bond Market Association Muni Swap Index has been comfortable, predictable reality for short-term investors. The volatility is the increased presence of price-sensitive institutional clients in the portfolios of short-term money funds that use...
- Tax may sink inflation-linked bonds. // Finance Week;04/21/2000, p40
Discusses the statement released by the Finance Department of South Africa on how inflation-linked bonds will be taxed. Scope of Section 24J of the Income Tax Act governing taxation of interest on bonds; Tax burden carried investors; Tax on inflation adjustment.
- TIPS' cost casts cloud on survival prospects. Anand, Vineeta // Pensions & Investments;7/23/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 15, p4
Reports on the possible disappearance of inflation-indexed bonds in the United States. Preservation of liquidity in the declining pool of nominal Treasury securities; Cost of issuing inflation-protected bonds.
- Indexed assets fall 8%. Williams, Fred // Pensions & Investments;9/16/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 19, p16
Reports the decrease of the total indexed assets in the world financial market. Use of equity indexing in domestic and international market; Percentage decrease of indexed assets; Existence on the issue of violating investment guideline.
- Troy Spectrum puts over 10% in Japan. Jackson, Gary // Money Marketing (Online Edition);5/23/2013, p47
The article reports that by adding to holdings in funds from Morant Wright and Lindsell Train, Troy Spectrum fund has taken its exposure to Japan to more than 10 percent. It is noted that while the weighting to Lindsell Train Japanese Equity fund has been lifted to 4 percent, managers Sebastian...