W. Va. Bond Sales Swim Upstream Against Legal Challenges
- West Virginia at Crossroads as Court Won't Hear Bond Suit. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;05/29/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31148, p3
Reports that West Virginia officials are to decide on whether to appeal the state Supreme Court refusal to rule on the constitutionality of issuing taxable pension bonds without a statewide referendum or to issue without a ruling. Options for the governor's office and the Administration...
- SEC seeks comments on G-38 changes. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/06/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30741, p28
Reports that the United States Securities and Exchange Commission will seek public comments on proposed changes to the US Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's Rule G-38.
- Calif.'s Prop. 39 Squeaks By, But Players Are Skeptical of Impact. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;11/09/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31014, p1
Reports on the approval of Proposition 39 in California. Lowering of the voter threshold required to pass local school bonds; Expected increase in school bond issuance; Construction needs for California schools.
- Deep gain securities. Greene, Chris; Maddalena, Christina // Accountancy;Jan1992, Vol. 109 Issue 1181, p41
Focuses on British Government's relaxation of the definition of deep gain securities. Exclusion of bonds which do not have characteristics of a true deep gain security; Specific forms of redemption clause; Application of concessionary treatment to tranche issues of a security.
- SEC Charges Kansas for Faulty Pension Disclosure. Glazier, Kyle // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;8/12/2014, p1
The article reports on the move of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to file a charge against the state of Kansas for violating federal securities by failing to reveal their underfunded pension system. It states that the Kansas Development Finance Authority raised $237 million...
- Illinois Eying This Spring for First Part of $10B Taxable Sale. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/11/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31613, p3
Illinois could bring the first of three to four tranches of taxable general obligation pension bonds totaling as much as 10 billion dollar to market by late spring, with the remainder likely to sell over the course of the next fiscal year that begins July 1, 2003 state budget officials said this...
- FAR WEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;1/7/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32045, p28
The article presents information on various bonds related to California, Hawaii, and Washington. Some of the bonds are, California economic recovery bonds, state pension bonds, and others.
- COMMITTEE ON SALES, EXCHANGES AND BASIS. // Tax Lawyer;Summer78, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p1333
Focuses on the adjustments to the basis of marketable bonds and securities in the United States. Information on gains from sale of residence at age 65; Details on worthless securities; Transaction between related taxpayers.
- After Audits, Counsel May Feel IRS Heat. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;7/24/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31187, p1
Reports that the United States Internal Revenue Service attorneys have ruled that anti-fraud penalties may be sought against bond counsel even after an audit has closed. Field service advice memorandum released; Section 6700 penalties against a bond counsel.