Iowa Republicans Hit Governor With Lawsuit Over Vetoes
- Could Take a Hike. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/12/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31760, p25
Reports that Iowa Governor Tom Vilsack has refused to rule out a tax increase to address an unexpected budget shortfall in 2004.
- Make education a national priority, says Gov. Vilsack. // American Teacher;Sep2005, Vol. 90 Issue 1, p13
Reports on the call of Iowa Governor Tom Vilsack to make education a national priority in the U.S. at the 2005 Quality Educational Standards in Teaching conference. Improvement of educational opportunities; Changes needed in education.
- Teacher Cuts Vetoed. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/10/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31838, p31
Reports on the opposition of Governor Tom Vilsack to an education funding bill in Iowa.
- Tom Vilsack. Pearson, John // Our States: Iowa;2016, p1
This article focuses on Iowa Governor Tom Vilsack, who was elected in 1998 to become the first Democratic governor of the state in 30 years. The biographical information details Vilsack's early life and childhood, as well as how his career path led him into politics. Vilsack's election was...
- Iowa's Gov. Vilsack Calls for New Borrowing, Taxes in His $4.4B 'People's Budget' Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/20/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31803, p6
Focuses on the proposed fiscal 2005 budget by Iowa Governor Tom Vilsack. Worth of the proposed budget; Allocation of the budget; Expansion on the state's sales tax.
- Republican Legislators In Iowa Challenge Governor's Rights To Line-Veto Tax Cut, W.C., Tort Bills. // Insurance Advocate;8/18/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 31, p51
Reports on a lawsuit filed by Iowa Republican Legislators against Governor Tom Vilsack's constitutional ability to line item veto non-appropriation legislation. Confusion whether House File 692 is strictly a policy bill; Assertions of Ann Marie Weber, counsel for the National Association of...
- Iowa's Top Court Strikes 2003 Vilsack Veto. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31907, p4
Reports that the Iowa Supreme Court has overturned a lower court and ruled that Governor Tom Vilsack has exceeded his authority when he vetoed an items from legislation. Use of Vilsack a line-item veto powers to eliminate an income tax cuts and business regulation changes from the package;...
- RR alfalfa clears regulatory hurdles. Golden, Pam // Southern Farmer (1541-2008);Mar2011, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p26
The article focuses on the availability of the Roundup Ready alfalfa seed for spring planting for farmers as approved by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) for commercial purposes. It notes that the alfalfa seed was pulled from the market in March 2007 after District Judge Charles Breyer...
- Vilsack Vetoes Lower Cap. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/18/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31823, p33
Reports that Iowa Governor Tom Vilsack vetoed a Republican-sponsored item that would have lowered the cap on general state spending of available revenues beginning in July 2005. Republicans' proposal to increase the state's reserve account; Reduction in spending on education and other essential...