Senate Democrats Threaten to Procedurally Thwart FAA Legislation
- Appropriations Committee Passes EAS. // Regional Aviation News;6/19/2006, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p8
Reports on the approval of the $67.8 billion Transportation-Treasury Housing and Urban Development appropriations bill by the U.S. Senate Appropriations Committee. Provisions of the bill; Implication of the bill's approval for the Essential Air service program.
- Rockefeller: Senate Not Likely to Finish Work on FAA Funding Bill. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;2/29/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32826, p5
The article reports on the delayed approval of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Funding bill by the U.S. Senate. Accordingly, delay in the ratification of the bill is attributed to the opposition of general aviation industry on the imposed fee which compromise the different legislative...
- Screened & Signed. Biederman, David // Traffic World;11/26/2001, Vol. 265 Issue 48, p10
Reports the approval of the aviation security bill for baggage screening in the United States. Advantages of the security bill; Scope of the aviation security legislation; Employment of security measures in the aviation industry; Requirements of the legislation.
- Highlights of H.R. 1734. // Westchester County Business Journal;6/25/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 26, p19
Presents the key features of House Resolution 1734, or the Airline Passenger Rights Bill, in New York.
- RAIDS ON THE WAR BUDGET. Wheeler, Winslow T. // Government Executive;Dec2002, Vol. 34 Issue 16, p74
Reports on the efforts of the U.S. Senate as of December 2002 to pass a multi-billion dollar emergency supplemental appropriation that President George W. Bush requested in March 2002 for homeland defense and the war in Afghanistan. Invocation of a cloture on the bill by Senators; Purpose of...
- Tax Legislation: Economic Stimulus Package Ready for Full Senate Debate. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;11/12/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31263, p4
Focuses on the provisions of the economic stimulus bill, expected to be debated in the U.S. Senate in November 2001. Extension of the Qualified Zone Academy Bond Program; Eligibility criteria for home loans financed by tax exempt revenue bonds.
- State and Local Finance: Moratorium on Internet Tax Extended By Senate, Will Not Lapse Until 2003. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31268, p4
Reports on the approval of an extension bill by the U.S. Senate that grants a two year extension to the federal moratorium on Internet access taxes and Internet-specific taxes. Provisions of the bill; Contentious issues regarding Internet access taxes.
- Privacy for shoppers and more. Mulroy // Business News New Jersey;11/29/99, Vol. 12 Issue 44, p16
Focuses on developments in the United States Senate. Includes update on the election race for the US Senate seat that will be vacated by retiring Senator Frank Lautenberg; Full Senate approval of the legislative bill (S-1031) which aims to protect the personal privacy of individuals shopping in...
- Prohibition Legislation in the Senate. // Congressional Digest;Mar1930, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p78
Focuses on various bills and resolutions dealing with the prohibition problem, being considered for ratification in the U.S. Senate as of March 1, 1930. Overview of the U.S. Prohibition Reorganization Act of 1930, which seeks to transfer the prohibition enforcement machinery from the U.S....