IEFA Green-Lights $250 Million Sale for Univ. of Chicago
- Univ. of Chicago Deal Readied After IHEFA-State Pact. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/21/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31228, p25
Focuses on the deal between the University of Chicago and the Illinois Higher Educational Facilities Authority. Resolution of conflict between the authority and the Bureau of Budget; Plans for sale of fixed rate bonds and variable rate paper; Aid for the construction of school and research...
- Unable to Issue New Bonds, Illinois Agency Carries on What Business It Can. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;05/25/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31147, p3
Reports on the Illinois Educational Facilities Authority's approval of Loyola University of Chicago's plans to convert taxable bonds to tax-exempt debt and University of Chicago Hospital's planned changes in its project financing. Other deals referred by the authority to other state agencies;...
- Portuguese bonds: no more sales to foreigners. Jeffreys, Simon // Accountancy;Oct91, Vol. 108 Issue 1178, p59
Reports that the Portuguese central bank has banned the purchase of Portuguese floating rate bonds by foreigners. Reasons for the increase in foreign investors' purchase of bonds; Exemption from the ban of fixed-rate treasury bonds; Privatization program of the country.
- Short-Term Paper Demand Boosts Floating-Rate Securities. Maurice, Alex // Bond Buyer;05/08/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31134, p8
Reports on impact of short term paper demand on the sale of synthetic floating-rate securities. Parts of the synthetic floating-rate receipts; Procedures in synthetic floating-rate receipts; Disadvantages of synthetic derivative securities.
- Higher Ed Board Meets Amid Tensions With Illinois Officials. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;02/23/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31083, p3
Focuses on the holding of the Illinois Educational Facilities Authority monthly meeting despite tensions with state officials in Chicago, Illinois. Extension of a liquidity facility issued by Bank One for its university pooled financing program; Failure to forward information related to the...
- University of Minnesota Readies $388M to Cut Floating-Rate Debt. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/1/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33459, p4
The article reports that the University of Minnesota is ready to enter the market with 388 million U.S. dollars of general obligation bonds in raising funds for various projects and reduce its floating-rate exposure by refunding debt in Chicago, Illinois.
- With cap repealed, University of Chicago to sell $217 million in tax-exempts. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;06/01/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30404, p53
Reports on Chicago, Illinois-based University of Illinois' sale of about $217 million of revenue bonds through the Illinois Educational Facilities Authority. Selection of First Chicago Capital Markets and Loop Capital Markets Inc. as co-managers for the deal; Background on the deal.
- IFA Gives Nod to $230M Deal for Upscale CCRC in Chicago. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/13/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32173, p3
Reports on the Illinois Finance Authority's approval of a plan, sponsored by the Franciscan Communities Inc., to transform a vacant highrise in Chicago's downtown Gold Coast neighborhood into an upscale continuing care retirement community. Worth of the financing reserved for the project; System...
- Detroit System COPs, Hawaii GOs in the Spotlight. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;5/23/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32138, p7
This article reports that the Detroit Retirement System Funding Trust will sell $1.44 billion of insured taxable pension Certificates of Participation (COP) as soon as May 23, 2005 in what is expected to be the largest deal of the week. The structure will include $640 million of fixed-rate...