Pennsylvania Senate OKs School Funds, for Now
- Pennsylvania Governor Expects Override of Budget Veto. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;9/15/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33183, p4
The article reports on the expectation of Pennsylvania Governor Edward Rendell that lawmakers will override his fiscal 2010 budget veto in 2009. Rendell also expected that his administration will not certify the 0.81% revenue growth projection of the legislature. Meanwhile, Senate Majority...
- Pennsylvania Enters Round 2 of Budget Battle. Gewertz, Catherine // Education Week;4/2/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p25
No abstract available.
- Pa. School Aid Trades Libraries for Preschool. // Education Week;2/18/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p56
Presents a letter to the editor on education policy of Pennsylvania Governor Edward G. Rendell.
- Pennsylvania House Calls Rendell's Bluff, Passes Budget. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;3/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31589, p4
Reports on a multi-million dollar budget of Pennsylvania governor Ed Rendell that was passed by the state's House. Rendell's spending plan that included cuts to close a multi-billion dollar deficit; Opinion of Democrats on the passage of the budget; Veto power that Rendell can use if the budget...
- PHILADELPHIA'S DRAFT AND DRAW. Leach, Peter T. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);5/24/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p28
The article reports on the revised request for proposal (RFP) of the Philadelphia Regional Port Authority for the construction, design and management of its Southport container facility. Although the RFP started in 2009, the port decided to revise after the original four bidders backed out. The...
- Pennsylvania Governor Proposes $2B In Bonds, Wide-Ranging Spending Cuts. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;3/5/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31586, p3
Focuses on the budget proposed by Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell for the fiscal year 2004. Composition of the economic stimulus package to be announced by the governor; Source of funding state aid to schools; Measures proposed by Rendell to reduce budgetary deficit.
- Francis V. Barnes Poised To Be Pennsylvania's 1st Black Secretary Of Education. // Jet;8/9/2004, Vol. 106 Issue 6, p17
Discusses how Governor Ed Rendell announced his nomination of Francis V. Barnes as Pennsylvania's next education secretary. How Barnes will become the state's first Black education secretary; Duties of the education secretary to oversee regulation of the public schools districts in Pennsylvania;...
- Govs to feds: Pony up. // Public Works;Aug2008, Vol. 139 Issue 8, p13
The article reports on the statements by Pennsylvania Governor Edward Rendell, chairman of the National Governors Association, on the infrastructure goals of the association. Rendell said that the association will align infrastructure investment with efforts to fight climate change. He also said...
- STEM education needs long-term commitment. Schiavelli, Mel // Central Penn Business Journal;9/3/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 37, p12
In this article, the author discusses the programs or initiatives and the need of the government of Pennsylvania to focus on science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education. The author says that Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell started programs to increase the numbers of STEM...