Solid-Waste Confusion Continues
- Part recycling, part WTE. Truini, Joe // Waste News;10/27/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 14, p1
New York sanitation officials are looking at an alternative technology to take responsibility for some of the trash that the city generates. Visy Paper Inc., owned by Melbourne, Australia-based Pratt Industries Inc., has proposed building a 1,000-tons-per-day recycling and waste-to-energy plant...
- Visy Paper Expresses Interest in Trash-to-Energy Plant. // Official Board Markets;3/10/2012, Vol. 88 Issue 10, p13
The article reports on the interest of Visy Paper Inc. in the pilot program in Staten Island, New York in 2012 that attempts to establish a plant that will turn waste into energy.
- Proposed recovery plant starts city talking trash. Truini, Joe // Crain's New York Business;10/27/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 43, p43
New York sanitation officials are looking at an alternative technology to dispose of trash the city generates. Visy Paper Inc., owned by Melbourne, Australia based Pratt Industries Inc., has proposed building a 1,000-tons-per-day recycling and waste-to-energy plant on Staten Island, New York, to...
- FOR BETTER AND WORSE. Friel, Brian // Government Executive;May2002, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p79
Focuses on the operations of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Integrity in applying the tax law; Factors influencing the decline of public trust in the federal agency; Modernization of information technology.
- US. // Accountancy;Apr2001, Vol. 127 Issue 1292, p91
Reports on the posting of tax returns and payments from outside the United States. Regulations issued by the United States Internal Revenue Service.
- IRS paying closer attention to S corporations. Grassi, Carl // Crain's Cleveland Business;9/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p17
Focuses on the S corporation technique used by taxpayers in the U.S. Payments for the third-quarter; Reduce of self-employment taxes; Concept of the S corporation technique; Attention of the Internal Revenue Service on S corporation.
- IRS provides guidance on installment payments from RRA '93. // CPA Journal;Nov94, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p99
Reports on the US Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) issuance of guidance on how taxpayers affected by the Revenue Reconciliation Act of 1993's higher tax rates may make their installment payment of those higher taxes.
- Steps to take in preparing and dealing with an IRS examination. Hidalgo, A. Steve; Coppinger, Walter T. // CPA Journal;Mar1995, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p46
Offers advice concerning preparation and dealing with an IRS examination. Knowing specialization programs; Risks entailed in delaying examination; Treating all IRS employees with courtesy regardless of their actions.
- The IRS examination and collection process. Blattner, David G. // CPA Journal;Aug95, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p16
Focuses on the examination and collection process of the US Internal Revenue Service. Appointment; Scope of the audit; Consideration of the economic reality of the taxpayer's situation; Importance of communication and cooperation; Payment schemes; Problems and delays; Notice of federal tax...