COMPETITIVE SALE NOTICES
- HARP Extension Can Skew Prepayment Rates. N. C. // Asset Securitization Report;Jan2011, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p19
The article discusses the importance of Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP) program in the U.S. securities industry in 2011. The author states that when HARP expiration date extends by another year with no other changes, it would maintain the prepayments. The Federal Housing Finance Agency...
- FHFA Preempts Bank Defense. Wack, Kevin // American Banker;9/8/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 139, p3
The article examines claims made by the U.S. Federal Housing Finance Agency in its civil complaint alleging fraudulent marketing of securities by major banking industry firms to the government-sponsored enterprises Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
- Korean state mortgage company issues first MBS. Davies, Rob // Asset Securitization Report;6/28/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 26, p18
Reports on the issuance by Korea Housing Finance Corp. of its mortgage-backed securities (MBS). Aggregate amount of securities issued; Structure of the security; Subscribers of MBS.
- This spring may herald new life for our industry. Laker, Sally // Mortgage Strategy;3/15/2010, p25
In this article the author discusses the possible growth in the mortgage industry during spring season in Great Britain. The author cites on having a temporary revival in the securitisation market pointed by some decent company in the country. One of which is the launch of a 1 billion pound...
- Volume Drops In New Jersey. Harmon, Jennifer // National Mortgage News;4/5/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 28, p1
Reports on the decline of mortgage lending to borrowers who can not qualify for prime loans in New Jersey. Effect of implementing the Home Ownership Security Act on mortgage lending; Surveillance of the mortgage loan volume; Denial of deserving consumers to credit access.
- Some Firms May Use the Structure to Fund Stock Buybacks. Davenport, Todd // American Banker;2/21/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 34, p19
This article discusses the use of the Wits structure for common-stock repurchases. Exactly where banks are going to get earnings growth in 2006 is a vexing question.The volatile mortgage business is not a reliable source of earnings, and at any rate, margins have thinned. Analyst David Hendler...
- Brokers have a good cover story to sell. Gallagher, Rosemary // Mortgage Strategy;9/25/2006, p35
The article discusses the influence of brokers to the mind of home owners or borrowers in Europe. The brokers could encourage individuals of engaging mortgage because of its easy way in acquiring an asset. In a survey conducted by Citizens Advice, there were 77,000 borrowers have missed mortgage...
- Insuring Mortgage Risk on the Back End. Berry, Kate // American Banker;11/6/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 213, p7
The trend of mortgage insurer's partnering with bond insurers is analyzed, with comments from several banking industry executives included. Of particular focus is PMI Group Inc., which created a subsidiary, PMI Guaranty Co., that will focus on writing coverage for securitized pools of mortgages...
- UPCOMING EVENTS. // Asset Securitization Report;2/13/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p2
The article presents a calendar of events related to mortgage-backed securities industry in the U.S. for the year 2006. Conferences entitled "National Mortgage Servicing Conference & Expo'," will be held on February 14 to 17 in Phoenix, Arizona, "Housing Finance 2006 Conference," will be held on...