Billion-Dollar Issues From California, Alabama County Lead Slate
- A Major Deal for MetPier. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/12/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31406, p1
Reports the marketing of new-money and refunding bonds by the Metropolitan Pier and Exposition Authority in Chicago, Illinois. Finance for the expansion of a convention center; Value of the debt-service deferral techniques; Use for the flow of tourism-related taxes and the state sales tax...
- Upcoming Massachusetts Issue Stands at $750 Million, for Now. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/4/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31485, p1
No abstract available.
- Demand is roaring right along with supply, firms say. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;09/18/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30233, p26
Focuses on various money deals and refundings that happened in the South Atlantic States as of September 18, 1997. William R. Hough & Co.'s winning of the $4.9 million of Midland County, Michigan water system bonds; Palm Beach County School District's refunding of the $47 million bonds.
- North Carolina Expects to Save $10 Million on $323 Million GO Refunding. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/06/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31693, p27
Reports on North Carolina's general obligation refunding deal. Financial adviser of the deal; Rating of bond; Significance of the deal for investors looking for high-quality paper.
- West Virginia Delays $305M Deal as Governor, Lawmakers Debate. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;4/20/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32115, p6
Reports on the delay of bonds refunding negotiations following a dispute among legislators in West Virginia. Provisions of the road bonds compensation deal; Controversy among lawmakers on the resolution authorizing the sale of securities; Impact of the bonds sale on the state's overall credit...
- A Billion Here, a Billion There, Adds Up to a Busy Year So Far. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;6/14/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31407, p1
Focuses on the trading activity of the bond market in the U.S. Refunding negotiation between Lehman Brothers and the New York City Transitional Finance Authority; Investor interest on the municipal bond market; Consideration of credit value, structure and pricing in transactions.
- Market Post: Pa. Sells $1B GOs to BofA Merrill; Muni Prices Fall. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;2/4/2015, Issue 34253, p1
The municipal bond market saw over $1.7 billion of new supply hit the screens in less than an hour as Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and a Virginia issuer all sold bonds in the competitive arena.
- Market Participants Waiting for First of Large Deals to Price. Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;3/4/2015, p1
Municipal market participants are eagerly anticipating the pricing of the first few large deals of the week, scheduled for later Tuesday, following a dull day in the market Monday.
- With Past as Prologue, Oklahoma Agency Keeps It Competitive. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/14/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31386, p30
Reports the sale of Oklahoma Transportation Authority of refunding bonds in a competitive deals. Sale of bonds through a i-Deal Parity; Lack of plans of transportation agency to issue new-money debt; Division of bond issue into two tranches to spur marketability.