Indictments in Calif. District
- Fraud in Philadelphia. // Advocate;7/8/2003, Issue 893, p20
People in Philadelphia were surprised to learn in May 2003 that a local longtime gay activist had allegedly used his respected reputation to swindle the city out of almost $200,000. Tyrone Smith, who used to operate the now defunct Unity Inc.â€”a group that for 12 years provided services to...
- Authorities Charge 53 in Fraud Plot. // American Banker;9/17/2010, Vol. 175 Issue F336, p15
The article discusses 53 individuals who were charged with the intent to commit various acts of fraud, including identity theft, by the U.S. Department of Justice.
- Five indicted in killing of Border agent Terry. Yager, Jordy // Hill;7/10/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 86, p9
The article reports that the U.S. Justice Department has indicted five men in connection with the killing of Border Patrol agent Brian Terry.
- Ahuja Indicted on 8 Federal Counts of Tax Fraud. // India -- West;7/8/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 33, pA4
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Justice has indicted Arvind Ahuja, an Indian American, on June 28, 2011 for filing false tax returns and failing to report 8.7 million dollars of foreign accounts.
- Two Indian-Americans Held for Fake Perfume Trafficking. // News India Times;12/16/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 50, p8
The article reports that Indian American Sanjay Anandani and company from New Jersey have been indicted by the U.S. Justice Department for conspiracy to import and traffic in counterfeit perfumes.
- The Justice Dept. charged. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;3/9/2015, pA02
The article reports that the U.S. Justice Department charged two Vietnamese citizens and a Canadian due to alleged stealing one billion e-mail addresses from at least eight service providers.
- IG Report Says Disorder on the Border. Paige, Sean // Insight on the News;01/11/99, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p45
Provides information on the inspectors-general semiannual report of the United States Department of Justice in 1998. Contents of the report; Indictments included in the report; Criminal records of immigrants. INSET: Reinvention poorly rated by rank-and-file.
- Local Andersen Staff: 'We're Not to Blame' Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;4/8/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p1
Reports on the complaints of Arthur Andersen & Co. for unfair indictment of the firm by the Department of Justice in San Diego, California. Experiences of innocent employees; Determination of local employees in fighting the charges; Public demonstrations of local employees to protest the...
- Miami prosecution won't be a trip to the beach. // Air Cargo World;Jan2011, Vol. 101 Issue 1, p16
The article reports that the ongoing investigation by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) of price fixing in the air cargo industry has landed on several individual defendants who are under indictment for allegedly rigging the market in Miami, Florida during various time periods that ended in...