Developer grateful the wind didn't blow
Tags: WIND turbines
- From the Editors. Algozzine, Bob; Test, David W. // Career Development for Exceptional Individuals;Winter2008, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p131
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Peter Clive on the use of Lidar in wind asessment, another on wind resource assessment in Bahrain and another on wind turbine inspection models.
- World's largest wind turbine in development for offshore flotation. // American Ceramic Society Bulletin;Apr2010, Vol. 89 Issue 3, p12
The article reports on the development of world's largest wind turbine for offshore operation in Scandinavia.
- New boost for wind turbines. // Popular Mechanics;Jan96, Vol. 173 Issue 1, p24
Reports on the 1996 completion of the renovated National Wind Technology Center in Golden, Colorado. Goal of improving the wind-energy business in the United States.
- Five developers consider wind farms in Utah. Olsen, Jaclyn // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;8/13/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p1
Focuses on the possibility of building wind turbines in Utah. Capacity of the project; Contribution of the turbine farms to the economy in the state; Rank of the state in wind resources.
- Wind farm all at sea. // Professional Engineering;06/10/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p5
States that Great Britain first offshore wind turbines should be in operation by mid summer, 1999. Who will erect the two 750 kilowatt turbines; Location of the turbines; Installation of cost of the turbines; Information on the transfer of electricity from the turbines.
- Mass. Cape Wind gets thumbs up, thumbs down. LINDSAY, JAY // Native American Times;5/7/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p2
The article reports on the opposition and approval met by the proposed 30-turbine Cape Wind project at Nantucket Sound in Boston, Massachusetts after it received approval from the U.S. federal government.
- Picture of the month. // International Cranes & Specialized Transport;Dec2010, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p58
A photograph of wind turbines at the Gavlen wind park situated near Havoysund in Norway is presented.
- Texas Finalist For Wind Turbine Research Facility. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);3/14/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p8
The article reports on the potential impact of the proposed National Large Wind Turbine Research & Testing Facility on Texas.
- The Power of the Wind. Yancey, Kerry // Malakoff News (TX);6/13/2008, Vol. 99 Issue 24, p1B
The article focuses on the modern turbine installed by Burton and Martel Love at their home located in Eustace, Texas.