PEOPLE IN THE NEWS
- Oprah's secret: How to get what you really want. Raffel, Dawn // Redbook;Feb99, Vol. 192 Issue 4, p106
Interviews Phillip McGraw, Oprah's trusted adviser and author of the book `Life Strategies.' Danger of blaming other people for problems; Some of the things one cannot control and actually do; Views on woman who complains that her husband does not do his share.
- A Sharper Dr. Phil. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;6/2/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 22, p9
The article reports on the joining of Dr. Phil to CBS's "Entertainment Tonight" and "The Insider," Warner Bros.' "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" and the Harpo-produced and CBS-distributed "The Oprah Winfrey Show" on September 8 in the U.S. The author stated that Dr. Phil plans to use Sony HDC-1500...
- Agent Jan Miller Explains The Surprise Strategy That Made Her Client A Bestselling Author. Anderson, Kori // Book Publishing Report;10/29/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 43, p6
Focuses on the influence of Oprah Winfrey in the creation and success of the book 'Life Strategies: Doing What Works, Doing What Matters,' by Dr. Philip C. McGraw in the United States. Narration by the book agent Jan Miller concerning the path of McGraw to literary stardom; Background of the...
- Getting real with Dr. Phil. Nelson, Marcia Z. // Christian Century;9/25/2002, Vol. 119 Issue 20, p23
Reviews the book 'Self Matters: Creating Your Life From Inside Out,' by Phillip C. McGraw.
- Dr. Phil Goes to the Library. Belben, Cathy // Medium;Spring2005, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p8
The article presents information on Phil McGraw, a self-help specialist who has a no-nonsense approach to problem solving. Phil has started television show and published several books that offer readers bold, practical advice on marriage, careers, parenting, and health. One of Phil's most...
- 10 QUESTIONS FOR DR. PHIL. Ressner, Jeffrey; McGraw, Phil // Time;9/13/2004, Vol. 164 Issue 11, p8
Presents an interview with television talk show host and author Dr. Phil McGraw. Discussion of McGraw's self-help book "Family First."
- Wiley Returns Behind the Scenes with Insider Biography of Dr. Phil. // Book Publishing Report;11/10/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 43, p2
Reports on the production of a book on the biography of doctor Phil McGraw by the book publishing company John Wiley and Sons in Hoboken, New Jersey. Aim of the book to tell the story of McGraw; Creation of the book by Sophia Dembling and Lisa Gutierrez; Book features.
- Diet Supplements...From a Psychologist? // Environmental Nutrition;Feb2004, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p3
Looks at the "Shape Up" products being offered by psychologist Dr, Phil McGraw in conjunction with his book of the same name. Line of supplements which claim to be tailored to different body types; Prices and availability of the products; The good ingredients of the supplements and the ones of...
- Love Thy Self-Help. Hollandsworth, Skip // Texas Monthly;Sep2003, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p120
Deals with the growing self-help genre in the U.S. book industry. Genesis of psychologist and author Phil McGraw's popularity in the genre; Role of agent Jan Miller in the U.S. self-help movement; Introduction of Miller to the book business; Examples of best sellers in the self-help genre.