- Industry Stocks: July Performances. // Publishers Weekly;8/6/2007 Fall Preview, Vol. 254 Issue 31, p27
The article reports on the stock market performances of several publishers in July 2007. Amazon was easily the best performer in July, up 14.8%. While Amazon's stock continued to rise, prices at competitors Borders and Barnes & Noble fell for the second consecutive month. And "Harry Potter"...
- Industry Stocks: August Performances. // Publishers Weekly;9/10/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 36, p14
The article reports on the financial performance of the publishing industry in August 2007. The Publishers Weekly Stock Index decreased by 4.1 percent during the month. Only three bookstore chains reported increased stock prices, namely Barnes & Noble, Scholastic and Amazon. Such increase is...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;1/25/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 4, p2
This section offers news briefs concerning the publication sector as of January 2010. An initiative was launched by Amazon to expand the Kindle's capability by extending its offer for creators to upload and sell content in the Kindle Store to software developers. A settlement was reached by...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;3/24/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 12, p4
This section offers news briefs on the publishing industry. Amazon has finalized its $300-million acquisition of digital audio distributor Audible. Macmillan's Roaring Brook Press imprint has signed a deal with author David Macaulay establishing a new imprint, David Macaulay Studio. Michael...
- Spin City. Wolff, Michael // New York;02/22/99, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p21
Discusses the ranking of books at Amazon.com site. Refusal of Amazon to explain the significance of the ranking; Number of copies sold when a book ranked as top five at Barnes & Noble.
- Canada Awaits Amazon. // Publishers Weekly;6/17/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 24, p12
Focuses on the possibility of launching Internet seller Amazon.com in Canada on June 25, 2002. Wholesale operation to be used by the seller; Primary link between smaller publishers that do not have an electronic interface and Amazon.
- Amazon.com Adds 'Look Inside!' Feature. // Publishers Weekly;10/15/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 42, p12
Reports on the features added to Amazon.com Web site. Purpose of the addition; Publishers whose books are part of the program; Plan of Amazon to charge for the service as new titles are added.
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;10/25/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 42, p4
The article offers news briefs related to digital publishing industry. Amazon.com Inc. has achieved 38.7% revenue increase and 16% net income increase for the third quarter of 2010. LibreDigital Inc. has partnered with Yahoo! Inc. and Starbucks Corp. for the launch of the Sky-Shelf HTML5 Reader,...
- It's Official: Amazon No Longer a Bookstore. // Book Publishing Report;Feb2010, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p9
The article reports on the net sales of Amazon.com Inc. which has increased 42% to 9.5 billion dollars in teh fourth quarter.