Penguin Posts First half Decline, Anticipates Stronger Second Half
- Vital Viking Helps Drive Up Penguin Revenues, Profits In First Half of 2000. // Book Publishing Report;08/07/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p1
Reports on the financial performance of book publisher Penguin Group during the first half of 2000. Increase in sales and operating profits; Aggressive use of the Internet as a channel for sales promotion; Increase in number of Penguin titles making the `New York Times' bestseller lists;...
- IN THE LOOP. . . // Book Publishing Report;5/5/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p2
Reports on the business expansion of Penguin Group USA. Ranking of the publishers based on its financial performance; Employment of Laureen Rowland; Investment in nonfiction imprint.
- Penguin First Half Sales Down Despite Better DK Performance- Execs Forecast Stronger Second Half. // Book Publishing Report;8/5/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 30, p5
Reports the sales performance of publisher Penguin Group in the U.S. Operating profit of Penguin; Forecasts of the third and fourth quarter sales; Effects of the release of the book 'Red Rabbit,' by Tom Clancy on the company.
- Pub houses wage turf war. Amdur, Meredith; Bing, Jonathan // Daily Variety;1/28/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 19, p1
Reports that ousted Random House Trade Group publisher Ann Godoff will be joining the Penquin Group (USA) as president and publisher. Reason for the termination of Godoff in Random House; Bestselling writers published by Godoff at Random; Plan of Godoff for Penguin.
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;05/15/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p8
Reports on developments concerning book publishers and publishing as of May 15, 2000. Key personnel changes at Penguin Group; Suzanne Baboneau's appointment as fiction publisher at Simon & Schuster in Great Britain.
- Random House Continues to Lead the Pack. // Book Publishing Report;8/18/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 31, p3
Reports on the consideration of Random House as the top consumer book publisher. Success of Dan Brown's mystery 'The Da Vinci Code'; Sales of Penquin Group; Publishing programs in major English-speaking markets.
- BOOK BRIEFS. // Book Publishing Report;8/18/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 31, p4
Reports developments in publishing industry in the U.S. as of August 18, 2003. Sale of books on politics; Recipient of August 2003 Read This! Book Club pick of morning show Good Morning America; Acquisition of the Penguin Group
- BOOK BRIEFS. // Book Publishing Report;9/29/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 37, p5
Reports developments related to the book industry in the U.S. as of September 2003. Introduction of paperback imprint for Spring 2004 by HarperCollins; Launch of fourth author series by the Penguin Group; Collaboration between Frederick Warne and Co. and China Children Publishing House.
- Pearson Expects Penguin Group to Post Modest Revenue Gains for 2003. // Book Publishing Report;12/22/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 49, p3
Reports that London, England-based publisher Pearson is expecting its Penguin Group division to finish 2003 with a 1-2 percent increase in sales. Sales of the publisher in 2002; Strong second half front list sales of the company.