Prudential of U.K. Still Hunting in U.S
- Pru PLC Won't Increase Its Bid for AG. // American Banker;4/6/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 67, p20
Reveals that Prudential PLC will not raise its $20 billion bid for American General Corp. Comments by Prudential's chief executive, Jonathan Bloomer; How much shares of Prudential fell after its offer was announced.
- Bloomer to chair FSA industry liaison panel. // Money Marketing;11/6/2003, p12
No abstract available.
- Prudential: bye bye Bloomer. // MarketWatch: Financial Services;May 2005, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the appointment of Mark Tucker as replacement for chief executive officer, Jonathan Bloomer at Prudential, an insurance company in Great Britain. Reasons for the dismissal of Bloomer; Arguments of Bloomer over his role on several failed ventures of Prudential; Reaction of investors...
- Aviva-Prudential: The merger that never was. // Canadian Underwriter;May2006, Vol. 73 Issue 5, p6
No abstract available.
- Pru takes a lead role in Sesame multi-tie plans. Greenwood, John // Money Marketing;4/29/2004, p9
Reports on the position of Prudential Assurance Co. in the multi-tie plans of Sesame in Great Britain. Appointment of Prudential to work on the design and delivery of Sesame's non-independent proposition; Tie-ups of Sesame with Norwich Union and Prudential on developing multi-tie proposition;...
- Attention Shoppers, Japan Is On Sale. Seol, Kap Su // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;2/19/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 8, p32
Reports the international acquisition deals involving the life insurance industry of Japan. Acquisition of Daihyaku Mutual Life Co. by Manulife Century Life Insurance Co.; Acquisition of the Orico Life Insurance Co. by Prudential PLC; Reasons for the growing trend in acquisition deals.
- Companies. // Best's Review;Aug2005, Vol. 106 Issue 4, p102
Presents international news briefs on issues and events related to the insurance companies. Acquisition of HMS Healthcare by Aetna Inc.; Joint venture between Prudential PLC and China International Trust & Investment Corp..
- The estate of things to come. York, Nicola // Money Marketing;1/4/2007, p8
The article focuses on the 2007 activity outlook in life insurance market in Great Britain. According to the author, merger and acquisitions activity is expected to take place in the industry. It is forecasted that Prudential PLC will dispose some of its business Resolution, the largest...
- THE WEEK IN CITY & CORPORATE. // PRWeek (London);6/18/2010, p11
This section offers news briefs related to the corporate sector including the appointment of Stephanie Ramos as deputy head of corporate communications at M&G, acquisition of DAA Media by Lehmann Communications, and Cabot Financial's hiring of Tina Carter as public relations (PR) and marketing...