Ivy League Credits Healthier Than Ever, Says Moody's Report
- St. Edward's Univ. Upgraded by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;2/20/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31328, p2
Reports that ratings agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. upgraded the long-term debt rating of Saint Edward University in Texas as of February 2002. Ratings awarded to the university; Reasons for the upgradation.
- Moody's: New York City's private colleges must control their debt burdens. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/10/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30347, p6
Focuses on a warning by Moody's Investors Service to nine major private colleges in New York City to control their debt burdens. Fifty percent increase of the cumulative debt of the city's universities; Potential impact of the debt burden to the responsible colleges if the strong economy and...
- University of Arizona Readies Sale Amid State Budget Crunch. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;1/29/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31313, p34
Reports that University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona is bracing for a possible second round of state budget cuts. Reasons for the University to cut budget; Rating given by Moody's Investors Service Inc. to the bonds; Amount of debts to be paid by the University.
- Moody's weighs impact of cap repeal for private universities. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;08/12/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30207, p24
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's assessment of the impact on private research universities of a measure passed in the US Congress repealing a federal tax-exempt bond limit for nonprofit organizations. Negative consequences of an increase in new issuance and debt levels; Benefits of...
- Univ. of Texas Earns Moody's Aaa, a First for a Public College. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;06/27/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30921, p3
Reports on Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s upgrading of the University of Texas System's bond rating. Outstanding revenue bonds and general tuition bonds affected by the rating; Improvements in the system's credit quality which led to the bond upgrade.
- CALIFORNIA: UC's Solid Deal. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;11/30/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31275, p50
Reports on the rating assigned by Moody's Investors Service Inc. to the University of California's multi-million dollar revenue bonds that will be sold in December 2001 in order to finance research facilities at the system's campuses. Basis of the rating; Capacity of the university system to...
- Touro College, University Cut. // Bond Buyer;02/08/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31073, p2
Focuses on Moody's Investors Service's decision to downgrade Touro College's rating and assign a negative outlook to the rating.
- Moody's: Less-Endowed Private Colleges Could See Credit Pressures. Z. Braun, Martin // Bond Buyer;7/13/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31180, p42
Cites a Moody's Investors Service report on the financial outlook for private colleges and universities in the United States. Increased credit pressures for institutions with smaller endowments; Upgrades and downgrades on the sector; Lower returns on investments; Competition from less expensive...
- MICHIGAN. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/21/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31101, p31
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has revised Kalamazoo, Michigan-based Western Michigan University's outlook to positive from stable in a report issued in conjunction with the school's sale in the third week of March 2003 of $ 23 million of refunding bonds. Use of the proceeds to...