California Bondholders Concerned But Not Panicking, Firms Say
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;5/20/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31888, p2
Reports developments in the bond market in the U.S. as of May 2004. Factors affecting the rating of local credits in California; Increase in the underlying general obligation rating of the Municipal Utility District in Brazoria County, Texas; Designated rating for New York's Webster Central...
- Philadelphia Readies for $350 Million Water, Wastewater Refunding. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;3/8/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32582, p6
The article reports on the effort of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in getting ready for a $394.5 million water and wastewater revenue refunding bond sale scheduled in March 2007. The city's acting director Vince Jannetti stated that the total refunding will be based on the market conditions and...
- Rhode Island Turnpike Agency Planning $38 Million Taxable Refunding. D'Ambrosio, Gilliam // Bond Buyer;7/22/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31682, p32
Reports on plans of Rhode Island-based Turnpike and Bridge Authority to refund $38 million of taxable bonds. Senior manager of the deal; Ratings assigned to the bond; Concerns regarding the adequacy of current deposits and future surpluses over the 10-year capital plan.
- Rating Changes. // Bond Buyer;9/2/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32210, p33
Presents a chart depicting changes in bond ratings in the U.S. as of September 2005.
- Far West Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;8/27/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31957, p37
Reports on developments concerning the bond market in the Far West region of the U.S. as of August 27, 2004. Credit ratings; Municipal bonds; Purchase power agreements.
- Panama: Swap For Global 36 Completed. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/23/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 39, p16
The article reports on the decision of Panama to accept US$1.06 billion worth of eligible bonds in exchange for US$1.36 billion worth of a new US$ Global 36 bond. The new Global 36 bond became the country's leading liquid sovereign. The features of the Global 36 bond are revealed. The credit...
- Difficult to read. Steyn, Greta // Finance Week;8/23/2004, p51
This article reports that mixed signals have made the investment environment difficult to read, as an interest rate cut in South Africa, high international oil prices, rising US interest rates and uncertainty concerning the rand all combine to give investors headaches. Investec Asset Management...
- VIRGINIA: Suffolk Dropped Before Deal. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;4/5/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32602, p9
The article reports on the downgrade of Suffolk, Virginia's issuance of $89.3 million of general obligation public improvement and refunding bonds by Fitch Ratings to AA-minus from AA. According to Fitch, the downgrade, which affects about $133 million of outstanding GO bonds, reflects the...
- Southwest bond-watch. Preston, Darrell; Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;05/04/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30633, p27
Reports on developments related to the municipal bond market in Southwestern States, in the week prior to May 4, 1999. Includes passage of a bill seeking approval to issue bonds in Colorado; Standard & Poor's Corp.'s upgrading of its debt rating on Colorado Springs to AA from AA-minus; Moody's...