Tim Romer Joins Goldman Sachs As Vice President in Western Office
- Goldman Expected to Close Prop Desk. // American Banker;2/17/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 27, p16
The article reports that Goldman Sachs Group Inc., the financial services company, plans to close its Global Macro Proprietary Trading desk.
- Goldman plans to move on-line with trading site. Gandel, Stephen // Crain's New York Business;04/10/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p1
Reports on Goldman Sachs Group Inc.'s plans to launch an Internet-based brokerage in the United States, by fall 2000. Range of services to be provided by the online brokerage; Initial focus of Goldman's Internet venture; Goldman's investments in ventures attempting to facilitate Internet trading.
- Goldman Sachs Earnings Top Consensus. // American Banker;9/20/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 181, p32
Reports on third-quarter results from Goldman Sachs Group which beat First Call/Thomson Financial estimates by $1.51 a share. Core earnings; How overall revenue contributed to the results; Plans by the firm to increase its head count by 20 percent.
- Goldman Sachs Insiders File to Sell Stock. // American Banker;10/2/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 189, p28
Reveals that more than 200 Goldman Sachs Group Inc. insiders have filed with the United States Securities & Exchange Commission to sell shares of their holdings in the firm. Number of insiders on the list; Some of the names included on the list.
- Levelheaded analysis, accurate forecasting. Birger, Jon // Crain's New York Business;04/12/99, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p34
Profiles Abby Joseph Cohen, chairman of investment policy committee at New York City-based financial services company Goldman Sachs & Co. Corporate achievements; Personal background; Business strategies utilized.
- Goldman to Test Web Brokerage. // American Banker;8/1/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 146, p8
Reports on plans by Goldman Sachs Group to go online. When Goldman plans to offer its GS.com brokerage to customers; Who the service will be available to; What GS.com will offer to customers.
- Adding value from hostile to global times. Heller, Steve "Mac" // Investment Dealers' Digest;05/22/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 21, p43
Describes changes taking place in the United States financial services industry when the author joined Goldman Sachs in 1982. Merger and acquisition activity; Goldman Sachs' focus on defending companies against hostile takeovers; Investment banking's concentration on the oil and gas industry;...
- Amplification. // Private Placement Letter;10/24/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the selection of Goldman Sachs and Co. and Morgan Stanley as co-agents on the transaction on the Moody's Corp. 300 million dollars private placement in the U.S. Issuance of the deal in a ten-year bullet at eighty basis points over Treasury's; Consideration of the issuer as a NAIC-I...
- Life After Goldman. Lugo, Denise // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/24/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 21, p22
Discusses how former employees of Goldman Sachs take the skills learned and contracts made into other endeavors. Former Goldman Sachs broker Kwame Jackson's selection as participant in the reality television show "The Apprentice"; Job offers received by Jackson after becoming a runner-up in the...