Clean Audit Good News for Oklahoma City School District
- New York City Tops 2000 Per-Pupil Expenditures. // Educational Marketer;7/1/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 19, p4
Reports on the per-pupil expenditures in the New York City school district. Scope of market opportunities in each state; Expenditures for instructional materials and for non-salary instruction.
- Schools' budget hangs in balance. Miller, Valerie // Las Vegas Business Press;7/21/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p1
Reports on the educational budget crisis at the Clark County School District in Clark County, Nevada. Impact of politics on the budget crisis; Result of the tax factions among politicians; Priorities of the state legislators.
- IT'S A FAIRNESS THING. // State Legislatures;Oct/Nov2002, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p11
Discusses the results of a report released by the Education Trust, which focuses on large funding gaps in several states between rich and poor school districts in the U.S. States with the large funding disparities.
- Education funding lawsuit reborn as 140 Texas school districts sue state. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;05/14/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30393, p1
Reports that 140 low-wealth school districts in Texas have filed a petition to reopen the 1984 lawsuit over education spending. Focus of the petition on the technical aspects of the state formula for allocating and redistributing school fund; Impact on attempts to expand a debt-service...
- Soaring Utility Bills Put Calif. Schools in Budgetary Bind. Sandham, Jessica L. // Education Week;01/17/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p19
Reports the plan of school districts to cut the budget for student programs due to an increasing cost of utilities in California. Results of the survey by the California Association of School Business Officials (CASBO); Issues focused on the state of the state address of Governor Gray Davis;...
- Equalizing opportunity. Bradbury, Katharine // Regional Review;Summer93, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p3
Focuses on the efforts in New England to bridge the unequal education spending in its school districts. Example of the disparity in the region's wealth; Effect of the disparity in wealth on school spending; Features of Vermont's aid program.
- Federal grant may ease financial strain for BCISD. Young, Brenda // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);5/11/2011, Vol. 139 Issue 19, p1A
The article reports that Burnet Consolidated Independent School District (BCISD)is the recipient of the Educational Jobs Fund grant amounting to 571, 795 dollars to help the school's funding deficit for the school year 2011-2012.
- Oakland's Perfect Storm Leads to State Takeover. Sausner, Rebecca // District Administration;Aug2003, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the allocation of state budget for the school district in California. Solution to the budget deficits; Termination of Superintendent Dennis Chaconas; Need for increasing enrollment.
- MONEY. Kirk, Douglas // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);4/9/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p9
The article presents a reprint of an article in the November 9, 2005 issue about the Comal Independent School District's request for additional funds to supplement the $141,425,000 it has received in the 1999 Ten Year School Bond Package.
- Hays CISD nets four incentive grants. // Free Press (Buda, TX);6/6/2007, Vol. 104 Issue 9, p3B
The article reports that the Hays Consolidated Independent School District (CIDS) has gained four teacher-incentive grants through Teacher Advancement Program (TAP) grants in Hays, Texas.