NEWS IN BRIEF
- CONFIDENCE DIPS. TIME TO CRINGE? Dumiak, Michael // U.S. Banker;Sep2002, Vol. 112 Issue 9, p16
Reports on the effect of the waning consumer confidence on the financial services sector in the United States. Reason behind the decline in consumer confidence; Estimated amount of bank savings generated by consumers during the first half of 2002.
- Mood swings. Henshall, Angela // Money Marketing;10/3/2002, p58
Focuses on the consumer confidence on financial services. Variation in stockmarket confidence; Anticipation in inflation and interest rates; Details on the stockmarket-confident group responses.
- Online Banking Security and Consumer Confidence. Moloney, Andrew // Credit Control;2007, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p59
The article presents information on the growing concern of the financial services industry to check the hike of online fraud. According to the findings of a survey conducted by RSA, phishing attacks, targeting financial institutions, will increase to an average of 4000 in 2007. According to the...
- Consumers and Online Banking. Jamieson, Paul // Point for Credit Union Research & Advice;2/1/2005, pN.PAG
Reports on the decline of consumer confidence in online security systems in the U.S. Impact of the increase in online fraud on the perception of consumers on online banking security; Factors to be considered by financial institutions in restoring customer confidence in online banking channels;...
- Set a strategy for survival. Olive, Simon // Money Marketing;3/24/2005, p54
Discusses several problems faced by the independent financial advisers market. Consideration of the availability of margins from running a profitable market; Increase of cost with training and competence requirements, professional indemnity insurance premiums and servicing expectations;...
- Financial Consumer Protection - A global debate. Chapman, Michael // Asia Insurance Review;Aug2012, p58
The article outlines the means to restore consumer trust and confidence on the product and services in the financial market. It explains the need to enhance measures to promote and strengthen consumer protection in the global financial markets and the principles developed by the OECD/G20 Task...
- A life in the day. Tora, Brian // Money Marketing;9/25/2008, p33
The author reflects on the drop of Great Britain's stock market which he says is an effect of the economic turmoil. He argues that investors are not affected by the turmoil, instead, they think of it as opportunity to invest more. The author also points out that consumers lack confidence on the...
- The hard sell succeeds in nothing but sabotage. Brierley, Sean // Marketing Week;5/15/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 20, p29
Focuses on the commission-based selling practices in London, England. Impact of commission-based selling on consumer confidence; Effects of commission-based selling on the financial services sector; Lack of loyalty of the commission-based sales personnel towards their company.
- Rising confidence to bring boost for life and pensions. Speedy, Sonia // Money Marketing;4/24/2003, p8
Reports on the prediction of the Financial Activity Bulletin of an increase in activity for financial services providers in Great Britain during the second and third quarters of 2003. Consumer confidence about expected savings, investment and debt activities; Figures from the Bulletin.