Pinellas County, Fla., Monorail Project to Seek New Starts Fund
- End of the line? Illia, Tony // Business Press: Serving Southern Nevada;2/7/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p1
Focuses on several issues concerning the proposed monorail extension from Sahara hotel-casino to downtown Las Vegas, Nevada. Disapproval of the grant needed to finance the extension project by the U.S. Federal Transit Administration (FTA); Statement issued by the FTA regarding the funding...
- Downtown businesses are left without a monorail link. Mihailovich, Steven // Business Press: Serving Southern Nevada;2/7/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p12
Reports on the funding shortage for the Regional Transportation Commission's proposed monorail extension to downtown Las Vegas, Nevada according to federal government officials, as of February 2005. Projected cost of the extension project; Other modes of transportation being proposed by Fremont...
- Free ride. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;Aug1995 Supplement, Vol. 170 Issue 32, p10
Features the Las Vegas Strip monorail in Nevada. Offer of free transportation to riders daily by dual-lane tracks carrying two six-car trains; Number of people served per day at maximum capacity.
- Minority leaders set sights on monorail. Hare, David // Las Vegas Business Press;7/16/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p6
Focuses on the monorail project by the Nevada Minority Purchasing Council Inc. (NMPC) in Las Vegas. Management of the construction of the private monorail system; Range of potential opportunities offered by NMPC; Features of the driverless automatic train.
- Untitled. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2010 Book of Lists Supplement, p101
A photograph of the Las Vegas Monorail in Nevada is presented.
- Seattle voters to face monorail plan despite opposition from local leaders. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;10/28/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30261, p1
Focuses on the proposed construction of a 40-mile monorail railroad in Seattle, Washington. Seattle Mayor Norm Rice's opposition against the initiative; Estimated costs of the project; Effort of several residents to support the project.
- Lesson From Vegas. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;1/18/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31307, p33
Reports on the concerns of voters of Seattle, Washington related to the proposed plans of monorail in the city after its implementation in Las Vegas, Nevada. Comments of Tom Weeks, chairman of the Elevated Transportation Commission on the railway system; Financial risk associated with railway...
- Monorail Terminal/Downtown Shopping. Gengle, Dean // Advocate;1/11/78, Issue 232, p8
Focuses on a ride on monorail in Seattle, Washington that connects the downtown area in the city with the center.
- Left in suspense. // Railway Gazette International;Mar2012, Vol. 168 Issue 3, p78
The article reports that the Fiji government seemed to be less convinced of JRK & Associates' idea of establishing a monorail to link Suva and Nausori.