$34 Million Penalty Latest in California's String of Problems
- MAINE: TransCap Gets Rated. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;9/22/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32966, p9
The article reports on the ratings assigned by Fitch Ratings Ltd. and Standard & Poor's Corp. to an upcoming $50 million TransCap revenue bond deal of Maine Municipal Bond Bank. Fitch Ratings and Standard & Poor's rate the TransCap bonds AA-minus and AA, respectively. Citi is senior manager on...
- N.Y.C. Sets $850M Debt Sale for Next Week. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/7/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32167, p36
Reports on the plans of the New York City to sell tax-exempt fixed-rate bonds. Rating of New York City's general obligation bonds by Moody's Investors Service, Fitch Ratings and Standard & Poor's.
- Washington County, Md., Upgraded, Affirmed Ahead of $25 Million Deal. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;3/6/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32332, p28
The article reports on Standard & Poor's Corp.'s upgrade and Fitch Ratings Inc.'s affirmation of underlying credit ratings for Washington County, Maryland in advance of the country's competitive sale of $25.5 million in general obligation bonds. The rating on the county's $129.4 million of...
- Fitch Upgrades Florida Hurricane Fund as Storm Season Picks Up. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/6/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31942, p36
Reports that Fitch Ratings Inc. upgraded the ratings of Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund. Use of Florida's catastrophe fund to provide reinsurance during the hurricane season; Growth in the fund balance; Ratings given by Standard & Poor's Corp.
- Fitch, S&P Withdraw Ratings on New Jersey Parking Garage Deal. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;3/11/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31839, p4
Reports on rating agencies that withdrew ratings on a proposed revenue bond sale by the South Jersey Transportation Authority after the agency postponed a deal for Atlantic City parking garage due to questions raised by the state over parking capacity in the city. Fitch Ratings Inc.; Standard &...
- Pension Expert: Rating Agencies Could Hammer Pennsylvania. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;5/8/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34106, p1
The article reports that bond rating agencies are poised to downgrade Pennsylvania again based on its unfunded pension liability. According to financial services company Standard & Poor's, Pennsylvania has not fully funded its annual required contribution (ARC) since 2004. It further states that...
- Florida Localities Dominate the Southeast in Rating Upgrades. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/15/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31863, p28
Delves into the financial trend in Florida. Number of bond rating upgrades approved; Status of bond sales in the state; Identification of companies that have received bond rating upgrades from companies such as Standard & Poor's Corp. and Fitch Ratings Inc.
- COLORADO: Douglas District Plans $64M. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/6/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32749, p9
The article reports on the plan of the Douglas County School District in Douglas County, Colorado to sell $50 million of general obligation (GO) bonds for new projects and $14 million of GO refunding debt. The bonds are rated AA-minus from Standard & Poor's Corp. and AA from Fitch Ratings Ltd....
- Market Post: Secondary Firmer as Activity Stays Strong. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;11/18/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34013, p1
The article informs that the U.S. tax-exempt market closed firmer on November 15, 2013 as secondary bids were well received and Jefferson County, Alabama has issued a first retail pricing for 1.8 billion U.S. dollars of sewer revenue bonds. It informs that the senior lien bonds are rated BBB by...