Fitch: Higher Ed Sector Seeing Sinking Endowment Returns
- Perception meeting reality. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/24/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 60, p10A
This article notifies that Stony Brook University and Hofstra University want money of the readers. Seeking to broaden their stature beyond borders, the schools are undergoing major revamps that should attract top-level faculty and students to the region, which in turn will aid the local economy...
- Fitch Cites Best Management Practices for Good College Ratings. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31565, p4
Focuses on a report by the financial ratings company Fitch Ratings Inc. which details management practices for helping colleges and universities in the U.S. to achieve good ratings. Emphasis on the report by the agency; Management practices found in schools; Information that is critical,...
- LARGEST COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES. Hillyer, Deborah W. // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/4/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p28
This article presents information related to Universities in Ohio. Various parameters on which universities are ranked include: student faculty ratio, annual tution fee, affiliation, endowments and operating budget. Kent State University, University of Akron and Cuyahoga community College are...
- FROM THE PRESIDENT. Reesor, Alan // American Organist Magazine;Mar2006, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p8
Presents a message from the president of the Royal Canadian College of Organists (RCCO) as of March 2006. Function of the RCCO College Development Fund; Information on the RCCO Endowment Fund; Offerings of the Halifax Centre's Pipes by the Sea: Festival 2006.
- Graduate-Level Debt Fueling Rise in Student Loans: Report. Dymi, Amilda // American Banker;4/8/2014, Vol. 179 Issue 53, p13
The article discusses the effect of graduate school financing debts on student loans in which Fitch Ratings claims that high balances from graduate school financing provided by private lenders factored in the rise of student loan volume.
- Fitch Downgrades Stockton University (NJ) Revs To 'A'. // Bond Buyer;6/23/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34533, p1
Fitch Ratings has assigned an 'A' rating to the following bonds issued on behalf of Stockton University.
- Designing the University of the Future. Hashimshony, Rifca; Haina, Jacov // Planning for Higher Education;Jan-Mar2006, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p5
The article focuses on the transforming trends in the society that are affecting the mission of universities and their impact of those trends on the institutional and spatial character of the universities. Universities have evolved from the cathedral schools. They continued the tradition of...
- Ireland. // America;12/4/1909, Vol. 2 Issue 8, p193
The article reports on the letter of Archbishop Walsh of Dublin, chairman of the National University Board. According to the author, Archbishop Walsh has written a letter analyzing the parliamentary endowment of the institution and showing the unwarranted claim of the Dublin, Cork and Galway...
- University endowments grow to $264M despite recession. FERRÉ, JAMES // Caribbean Business;4/7/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 13, p27
The article reports on the growth of university endowments in Puerto Rico. The endowments of four leading universities in the country grew by 13.6% in 2010, reaching about 264 million dollars in December 2010 despite the onset of recession. These universities include Universidad del Sagrado...