- Late News. // Modern Healthcare;11/24/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 47, p4
Presents updates on health care in the U.S. as of November 2003. Approval of an amended certificate-of-need application from Fletcher Allen Health Care by the state of Vermont; Approval of a certificate-of-need for the partnership of Saint Thomas Health Services, United Surgical Partners...
- Vermont's Fletcher Allen Faces Harsh Conditions in New CON. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;11/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31768, p35
Reports on the approval of a new certificate of need (CON) for the Renaissance Project of Fletcher Allen Health Care Inc. in Vermont. Purpose of the revised CON; Conditions under the CON; Details on the controversy over the project.
- Vermont's Fletcher Allen Health to Report Under New Certificate of Need. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;12/18/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31784, p6
Reports that Fletcher Allen Health Care will make its financial report to the Vermont under restraints imposed by a newly issued certificate of need (CON). Approval of the certificate of need; Requirement of the financial report; Conditions to the approval of CON.
- Vermont Hospital Tries to Repair Damages of Scandal. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/22/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31519, p40
Reports on steps taken by Vermont Hospital to repair damages done by the previous management, which include the revelation of actual cost of Burlington hospital expansion. Approval for Fletcher Allen Health Care's Renaissance Project; Fletcher Allen's preparation of original certificate of...
- Regional News. // Modern Healthcare;8/25/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 34, p25
Presents news on medical care in the northeast part of the U.S. as of August 25, 2003. Shortage of cash for Fletcher Allen Health Care to satisfy bond covenants by the end of September; Lawsuit filed by Easton Hospital against its nurses union; Percentage of growth in the number of ambulatory...
- Fletcher Allen inks deal for new center. Bellandi, Deanna // Modern Healthcare;11/08/99, Vol. 29 Issue 45, p46
Announces that the city of Burlington, Vermont will streamline the permit process for Fletcher Allen Health Care's outpatient center in exchange for the system's paying the city. How Burlington will use the money; Annual contribution agreement; Permits involved in the process.
- An old-fashioned way to control costs. Gaffney, Mark; Zimmerman, Martin // Modern Healthcare;11/11/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 45, p32
Discusses the role of certificate-of-need (CON) laws in the U.S. healthcare industry. Benefits of CON to healthcare purchasers and employers; Results of a related study reported in the 'Journal of the American Medical Association'; Efforts of companies in analyzing their healthcare costs;...
- Anatomy of a roadblock. Montesino, Braulio // Health Systems Review;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p30
Opinion. Discusses the purpose of Certificate of Need (CON) laws in the United States to the formation of integrated delivery systems (IDS). Premise for CON laws in prospective payment systems; CON laws' effect on IDS.
- Seeking common ground. Smith, Marc D. // Health Systems Review;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p33
Opinion. Discusses Certificate of Need (CON) regulations, which can be change to meet the needs of the changed health care marketin the United States. Pros of CON; Need for governmental oversight for CON regulation to change.