Dorm Delays Beth Israel
- Report: Chicago's Thorek Hospital In Negotiations To Buy Mercy. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/19/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31701, p3
Reports that independently operated Thorek Hospital and Medical Center is in talks to acquire the financially struggling Mercy Hospital and Medical Center. Amount of the deal; Rating given by various rating agencies to Mercy; Advantages of the deal for Thorek.
- Michigan Hospital Bondholders Would Get Fraction Under Bankruptcy Deal. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;9/4/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32954, p3
The article reports on the tentative agreement between North Oakland Medical Center and its bondholders in relevance to the bankruptcy filed by the hospital in Pontiac, Michigan. The medical center would take about two months to complete its bankruptcy proceedings, after which the Oakland...
- Wounds from DMC-WSU standoff likely to heal slowly. Shea, Bill // Crain's Detroit Business;11/27/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p6
The article reports that Wayne State University and the Detroit Medical Center (DMC) have reached a $76 million deal to end a stalemate over joint residency programs and other issues. The lack of a deal has put residency programs at risk of losing their accreditation. Without the deal, the DMC...
- Can it work? Rhea, Shawn // Modern Healthcare;11/9/2009, Vol. 39 Issue 45, p14
The article reports on the affiliation agreement signed by the Catholic Medical Center in Manchester, New Hampshire and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health. The latter has agreed to provide difficult-to-access specialty and surgical care to patients at 223-bed Catholic Medical Center and its clinical...
- GPs pioneer new era in out-of-hours. Moore, Alison // Pulse;7/1/2002, Vol. 62 Issue 26, p20
Reports on the Northwick Park Urgent Care that general practitioners in north London, England established at Northwick Park Hospital. Comments from Doctor David Lloyd about the center; Amount paid to general practitioners working at the center; One concern about the center.
- Why system could become prototype. // Pulse;7/1/2002, Vol. 62 Issue 26, p20
Reports that center like the NU Care in London, England could provide a potential pilot for out-of-hours care if general practitioners across the locality decide to opt out out-of-hours care. Comments from Doctor David Lloyd about those centers; Concern about those centers.
- Mepsi Center: new administration, logo, & services. Zarcone, Teresa // Caribbean Business;5/9/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 19, p34
Reports on the changes at the Mepsi medical center in Puerto Rico. Expansion of the center's service offerings; Creation of a new corporate image for the center.
- Ambulatory surgical center will provide a wide array of services. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;12/07/98-12/14/98, Vol. 9 Issue 16, p18
Focuses on the celebration of the November 1998 grand opening of the Dutchess Ambulatory Surgical Center, a multi-specialty health care facility in Poughkeepsie, New York. Description of the facility; Services offered by the facility.
- Solo Act. Castrey, Margaret // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;11/05/98, Vol. 72 Issue 21, p50
Features the Skaggs Community Health Center in Branson, Missouri. Benefits given by the tourist industry to the health facility; Number of counties in the Springfield area served by Skaggs.