Big Bergen Sale
- Chicago Park District Audit. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/21/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31413, p1
Reports the launching of Chicago Park District advance refunding focusing on the use of reimbursement product to repay the outstanding bonds in Illinois. Submission of municipal securities information repositories; Plans to issue tax anticipation warrants; Partnership between Park District and...
- Rosemont, Ill., Ready to Refund $70 Million of TIF Debt. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/30/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31667, p3
The village of Rosemont, Illinois, will be in the market on July 1, 2003 with $70 million of taxable and tax-exempt general obligation corporate purpose refunding bonds in order to free up tax increment revenue from the entertainment district where it had planned to put a casino. The Chicago...
- Pennsylvania Goes for Big Savings in $698 Million Deal. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;10/3/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31484, p3
Reports the plan to sell general obligation refunding bonds in a competitive deal in Pennsylvania. Percentage rate of decrease on revenue; Struggles on the decline of manufacturing; Projection of the state on tax increase.
- Cook County, Ill., refinancings will fuel property tax cut. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;04/21/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30376, p3
Reports that bond refinancings will enable Cook County, Illinois to proceed with property tax cuts. Upgrades expected from credit rating agencies; Steps taken by the county to balance its budget; Types of overhead costs slashed.
- N.Y.C. May Up GO Deal To $1 Billion. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/30/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31667, p1
New York City may increase a $650 million general obligation refunding deal that is being priced this week to $1 billion by adding a series of variable-rate bonds into the mix. In addition to selling $650 million in fixed-rate refunding bonds, the city said it is also considering selling $350...
- Suffolk County, N.Y., Panel Pushes $179M Refunding. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/11/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31839, p36
Reports on Suffolk County's advance refunding to generate up-front budget savings. Release of advertisements for bankers to negotiate the sale; Recommendation of the county Legislature's budget and finance committee refund bonds; Bond sale schedule; Capital plan of the Long Island county.
- Oklahoma City to Pull Trigger on $45M Hotel Tax Refunding. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/22/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32738, p6
The article reports on the decision of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma to go ahead with a $45 million refunding of the city's hotel tax bonds, a deal that had been on hold since summer of 2007. According to the report, the $45.1 million of hotel tax revenue bonds are set for a negotiated sales on...
- Munis Mostly Steady as Market Gears for $9.1B Week. Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;2/8/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34456, p25
The article reports that municipal bond volume is estimated to be at 9.1 billion U.S. dollars. It mentions that part of the transactions include the sale of high-grade taxable bonds from the Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund, the pricing of Houston, Texas' combined utility system first lien and...
- N.Y.C. Readies First BABs. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;9/23/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33188, p1
The article reports on the preparation of the New York City Government to market the Build America Bonds (BAB) with 800 million dollars of general obligation debt in September 2009. The city likewise plans to market 130 million dollars of traditional taxable debt and another 900 million dollars...