Take Two: UMass Settles on $153 Million in Updated Deal
- College Refunding Set. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;3/12/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33677, p9
The article reports on the plan of Connecticut Health and Educational Facilities Authority to sell the revenue refunding bonds of the Connecticut University System at an amount of 47. 8 million dollars.
- Univ. of Scranton Sale. // Bond Buyer;2/13/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32218, p31
The article reports that the Pennsylvania Higher Educational Facilities Authority plans to issue 85 million dollar of new-money and refunding bonds on behalf of the University of Scranton. It offers information about the appropriations of the refunding bonds. The author also discusses the terms...
- With Eyes on Bush Library Prize, SMU to Advance Refund $93M. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/16/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32547, p8
The article reports that the Southwest Higher Education Authority will go to market with a $93.2 million offering of fixed-rate higher education refunding bonds in an advance refunding that is expected to yield significant interest rate savings for Southern Methodist University (SMU) in Dallas,...
- NEW YORK: Bard College Selling $135M. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;4/9/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32603, p9
The article reports on the plan of the Dutchess County Industrial Development Agency to auctioned $135 million of new-money and refunding revenue debt on behalf of Bard College. Bard's sale consists of two series including A-1 for about $96 million to refund former debt and A-2 for $93 million,...
- Alumni are expected to support Amherst's $40 million offering. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;04/20/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30375, p28
Focuses on Amherst College's move asking its alumni to support its refunding deal through the Massachusetts Health and Educational Facilities Authority. Graduates' role in helping maintain the college's liquidity; Use of money from sale to fund general capital improvements.
- Loyola, U. of Chicago Get Ready For Summer Sales Worth $350M. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/10/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31653, p1
This article reports on the plan of the University of Chicago and Loyola University Chicago in Chicago, Illinois to enter the securities market in 2003. Loyola has steadily improved its operational deficit from 35 million dollars in fiscal 2001 to 12 million dollars at the close of fiscal 2003...
- Univ. of Oklahoma Regents Refunding Five of 15 Outstanding Bond Issues. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/28/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32476, p40
The article reports on the bond refunding of the University of Oklahoma Board of Regents. The board will refund five of 15 outstanding bond issues with proceeds of almost $115 million in revenue bonds in a negotiated sale. University of Oklahoma has 15 outstanding bond issues, totaling about...
- Atlanta Mayor: Bonds a Go. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/13/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31551, p1
Reports on the plans of Atlanta's mayor, Shirley Franklin, to deal with bond-funded projects following improvements in the city's economic conditions. Projects that will be undertaken by the city; Need for renovation of the city; Ratings of the city by ratings agency in terms of its economic...
- Oklahoma County Refunding Raises Eyebrows Over Fees. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31590, p1
Reports on a controversy related to multimillion refunding deal in Canadian County, Oklahoma. Comments of the financial advisor on the controversy; Negotiated deal overcame by the county in December 2002; Overview of the competitive and negotiated bond sales for the county.