- Munis, Treasuries Both Reverse Rally as Data Comes in Stronger Than Expected. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/1/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32186, p2
Reports on the growth in municipal bond activity and business conditions in the U.S. in 2004. Indicators of declines in bond prices and increases in yield; Secondary market activity; Trends in government bond market; Market and economic indicators.
- Munis Improve as Data Leads to Treasury Gains. // Bond Buyer;7/31/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32434, p2
The article reports that the improvement of the U.S. municipal bond market is attributed to gains in government securities. Tax-exempt rates of return declined by one or two basis points as prices increased. A slower-than-expected economic growth indicator is the factor in Treasuries gains. The...
- Municipals Weaken, Yields Rise As Eyes Shift From Rita to Fed Hikes. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;9/27/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32226, p2
Reports on the economic indicators causing the weak performance of municipal bond market in the U.S. Rise in yields as investors refocused their attention on continuous rate hikes by the Federal Reserve Board; Rise on federal funds rate; Cutting of offerings before new deals hit the market.
- Indexes Mostly Down, Thanks to Small Fed-Fueled Rally. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/15/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32112, p40
Reports on yield indexes of the bond market in the U.S. as of April 2005. Impact of the small rally by the municipal market following the release of the Federal Reserve's minutes on the bond market indexes; Factors that contribute to the high index level of closure for the fiscal year; Reasons...
- Nearly All Indexes Up on Uncertainty in Auction-Rate Market. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/15/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32817, p6
The article reports on the financial performance of The Bond Buyer's weekly yield bond indexes in the U.S. Approximately all of the newspaper's weekly yield indexes rose in the third week of February 2008, as turmoil in the auction-rate market helped push yields higher through the latter part of...
- Week's New Muni Deals Start to Price in a Steady Market. BARNETT, CHIP; WEITZMAN, AARON // Bond Buyer;10/26/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34601, p2
The article reports that top quality municipal bonds remained unchanged in the U.S. on October 25, 2016. The yield on the 30-year benchmark muni general obligation bond was steady at more than two percent. A chart is also presented on consumer confidence in the country in September and October 2016.
- Municipals Dip With Treasuries; NJ. Transport Trust Sells $851M. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/29/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31979, p2
Reports on bond market activities in the U.S. as of September 29, 2004. Decline of the municipal bond market along with the Treasuries; Amount of transportation system bonds sold by the New Jersey Transportation Trust Fund Authority; Difficulty in keeping the yield of 10-year notes below the 4...
- Bond Buyer Yield Indexes Decline as Muni Market Follows Firming Treasuries. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/15/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32467, p7
The article reports on the decline of "The Bond Buyer's" weekly yield indexes as the municipal market followed Treasuries in the U.S. "The Bond Buyer" one-year note index declined to basis points to 3.51 percent, its lowest level in nearly six months. The weekly average yield to maturity on "The...
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;3/8/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32582, p33
Several charts are presented depicting bond market statistics in the U.S. for the week ended March 7, 2007, including municipal bond index, short-term tax-exempt yields, municipal market data on general obligation yields, Bond Buyer Municipal Bond Index, and Lehman Brothers Long Treasury Bond...