Overcrowded Jail Market Puts Counties at Risk, Experts Say
- UH-OH Here Come the Bondholders. Johnson, Mark // Global Finance;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p18
Provides information bondholders and bond purchasing in Europe. Condition of the bond market in the region; Discussion on how bond investors value their companies; Comparison with the bond market status of the U.S. INSETS: TO KNOW YOU IS TO LOVE YOU;DOs & DON'Ts;WE'RE IN CHARGE NOW;HOW BOND...
- Bondholders and Stockholders. McDaniel, Morey W. // Journal of Corporation Law;Winter88, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p205
Fueled by enormous quantities of debt, the restructuring of corporate America shows no signs of running out of steam. It is a wrenching phenomenon. But we are witnessing far more than a reallocation of resources to their highest valued use. We also are witnessing a massive transfer of wealth...
- THE BOND BUYER: TOP 10 E-Mailed Stories. // Bond Buyer;6/1/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33325, p45
The article lists the top 10 electronic-mailed (e-mailed) stories related to bonds in the U.S. as of May 28, 2010 including the U.S. Internal Revenue Service withholding direct-payment subsidies for Build America Bonds (BAB) issued by Austin, Texas, the liquidity issue faced by floating-rate...
- For bond trustees, how much caution is too much? McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;06/14/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30661, p6
Discusses the cautiousness of bondholders in the United States. Prevention of bondholders from getting what they are entitled; Losses of bond trustees; Laws on bankruptcy and reserve funds.
- Palmdale, Calif., to reimburse portion of defaulted bonds. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;02/22/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30583, p32
States that bondholders for Palmdale, California's Assessment District 1988-1 fund will be get paid for their investment after the failure of the district's bonds. Factors contributing to the failure of the bond; Amount to be received by investors.
- Californians must decide whether to sell defaulted debt. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;07/07/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30181, p1
Reports on the decision Californians who own $44 million of the Mello-Roos and assessment bonds, sold by the Lake Elsinor Public Financing Authority, must make on July 7, 1997. Loss in par value should they decide to tender the bond; Possibility that the bonds would turn out to be useless;...
- BELIZE. // Caribbean Update;Jan2013, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p3
The article offers updates in Belize as of January 2013 including the offer of the Belize Debt Review Team to restructure the super bonds of the country worth 544 million U.S. dollars (USD) that was rejected by bondholders and the inauguration of the Subteniente LÃ³pez II "Chactemal" Bridge.
- Bondholders May Get Stuffed for Failed Indiana Hospital. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;3/3/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33476, p7
The article reports on the 3 million dollars that would be received by bondholders, who owed more than 50 million dollars by Madison Center Inc. an Indiana hospital in receivership, under a proposed sale of the facility's assets.
- Issuers wary of extending rights for bondholders in Hatch's IRS appeal bill. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;04/30/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30383, p1
Reports on the emergence of questions regarding the bond issuer provision in the US Senate's Internal Revenue Service restructuring bill. Creation of appeal rights for bondholders; Effect of additional bondholders' appeal rights on increased borrowing costs; Importance of clarifying limitation...