Ambac, Radian Report Income Gains; FGIC Earnings Down
- Ambac to Halve Its Reinsurance Exposure to Radian in Early '05. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;11/17/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32012, p33
The article reports on Ambac Assurance Corp.'s decision to reduce about half of its reinsurance exposure to Radian Asset Assurance Inc. The recapture is a result of a provision in the reinsurance contract that provides Ambac the right to recapture previously written business ceded to the...
- Radian Group Posts Record 1Q Profits; Public Finance Production Declines. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;4/21/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32365, p6
The article reports on the outcome of the business activity of Radian Group Inc., the parent company of Radian Asset Assurance Inc. It had gained sterling profits in the first quarter due to strong premium growth in its mortgage insurance business, however, its public finance production declined...
- Radian Finds Success Living Alone in Double-A Territory. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;5/30/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31397, p7
Reports the bond insurance market of Radian Asset Assurance Inc. in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Expansion plans for the double-A deals; Statement regarding the plans of the company by chief executive Frank P. Filipps; Debt ratings of the company.
- New License in Hand, Radian Takes Its Double-A to California. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;7/07/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31671, p1
Reports on possible plans of California-based financial guarantor Radian Asset Assurance Inc. to capitalize on an underserved niche in bond market. Possible plans of the state to issue multi-billion dollar in deficit bonds to help balance a fiscal 2004 budget; Acquisition of a license by Radian...
- Radian Insurance Not Enough for Oaklawn. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/23/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32739, p7
The article reports that bond insurance of Radian Asset Assurance Inc. is no longer enough for Michigan-based Oaklawn Hospital. In the face of rising yields on its Radian-backed auction-rate bonds in early August 2007, Oaklawn opted for an extra letter of credit to help bring down the growing...
- Assured Guaranty to Acquire Radian Asset. Slavin, Robert // Bond Buyer;12/24/2014, Issue 34232, p1
Assured Guaranty said it plans to purchase fellow bond insurer Radian Asset for $810 million to expand its municipal bond franchise.
- California OKs Financial Guaranty License For Radian Asset. // Insurance Advocate;7/14/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 26, p9
Reports that the Radian Asset Insurance Inc. has received its financial guaranty license from California's Department of Insurance. Benefits of the financial guaranty license on the company; Company operations ; Financial performance; Corporate history.
- Ambac Assurance Posts Surplus Gain, Parent Sees 4Q Loss. McGee, Patrick // Bond Buyer;3/17/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33484, p8
The article reports on the increase in the statutory surplus of bond insurer Ambac Assurance Corp. in the fourth quarter of 2010 because of the insurance premiums it earned and its positive investments results despite the reported losses of Ambac's parent company Ambac Financial Group.
- Radian Posts 5.6% Rise in 2Q Profit Despite Fall in Revenue. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;7/21/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32428, p6
The article reports that the second-quarter profit at Radian Group Inc. has increased by 5.6% even as revenue declined by 1.8%, according to a financial report by the company. The company's net income for the quarter increased to $148.1 million, compared to $140.2 million for the same period in...