States' 1Q Income-Tax Slide Continues 'Revenue Hangover,' Report Says
- Subsidizing the States. Dale Jr., Edwin L. // New Republic;11/28/64, Vol. 151 Issue 22, p11
Applauds economist Walter Heller for his proposal of automatically providing a portion of federal income tax collections to U.S. states. Formula proposed for the portion of personal income tax collections that would be set aside; Estimated effect of distributing tax collections based on...
- Our Low State Income Tax. Zerillo, John W.; Perkins, Aaron // njbiz;3/10/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p8
Deals with the lower state income tax being paid by New Jersey residents compared to other U.S. states. List of U.S. states with no income tax; Amount of state income tax being paid by low-income families; Tax structure in the state.
- Activities Creating Franchise or Income Tax Nexus: Activities Other than Sales (Section 2). // Journal of State Taxation;May/Jun2006, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p39
Several charts are presented depicting the activities that create franchise or income tax nexus in various states in the U.S. including Alabama, Alaska and California.
- THE INSIDE STORY. Waage, Scott // Orange County Business Journal;6/26/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 26, p10
The citizens in California face a 0.3 percent increase in the income tax burden according to a survey conducted by investors in the state. However, the trust income with the proper out-of-state structure may not be taxed by the state. A trust fund may also be used to protect the savings of an...
- POST SCRIPTS. D. M. // Saturday Evening Post;3/12/1938, Vol. 210 Issue 37, p24
Focuses on issues related to income taxation in the U.S. and Europe.
- GROUP TAX AND RELATED ORGIES. Keefauver, John // National Review;5/15/1981, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p569
The article relates the author's experience in holding an income tax orgy in the U.S. The idea behind the event is described. The problem encountered with children is discussed. The solution developed for the problem of the group is also explained.
- Money for jury service. Woolf, Emile // Accountancy;Jun93, Vol. 111 Issue 1198, p78
Answers an inquiry concerning assessment of income tax in Great Britain. Compensation for "loss earnings"; Provisions of the Value Added Tax Act 1983.
- THE NEXT TAX FOR REFORM? Sandford, Cedric // Accountancy;Feb1989, Vol. 103 Issue 1146, p20
This article illustrates the need for reform in the National Insurance contribution system in Great Britain. While the Conservative government is busy simplifying and reducing the income tax, that other compulsory levy on income, the National Insurance contribution (NIC), has remained highly...
- Time isn't of the essence Could Revenue accuse e-filers of non-disclosure? Jooste, Ruan // Finweek;2/5/2009, p61
The author reflects on the mismatch of the rules between the e-filing and the Income Tax Act in South Africa. He discussed the possible effect of the mismatch in which e-filing did not longer require taxpayers to submit supporting documentation, while the Income Tax Act still prescribes that all...