IRS: City's Management Contract Not Private Business Use
- Clock is ticking on environment, conservation bond legislation. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/01/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30738, p7
Reports on a bill that will allow the use of tax-exempt bonds to buy and preserve timber lands in the United States. Provisions of the bill; Conservation of lands where there are renewable resources.
- Lobbyists Hopeful Tax Package Favorable to Munis Will Pass This Year. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;11/01/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31008, p6
Reports on a tax legislation beneficial to the tax-exempt bond market in the United States. Provisions of the bill.
- House republican seeks to make water takeovers tougher. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;12/1/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30778, p4
Reports on a proposed legislation that would prevent municipalities from using tax-exempt bonds to buy private water utilities in the United States. Need for an approval from the state utility commission; Provisions of the bill.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;4/3/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32352, p6
The article discusses developments in several legislation affecting the municipal bond market in the U.S. No new legislation has been introduced with regards to the elimination of the use of tax-exempt bonds to finance sports stadiums for professional teams. The Coal-Based Generation Improvement...
- Lawmaker Proposes Cap Exemption for Agriculture Bonds. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;05/17/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30893, p4
Reports on a legislation introduced by Senator Kent Conrad that would exempt small-issue tax-exempt bonds used to finance loans to first-time farmers from the private activity bond volume cap. Provisions in the broader farm relief bill.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;10/17/2005, Vol. 854 Issue 32239, p38
Presents a chart depicting the status of several bond legislation in the U.S. Individual Alternative Minimum Tax Repeal Act of 2005; America's Better Classroom Act of 2005 and Extension of QZAB program; Tribal Government Tax-Exempt Bond Fairness Act.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;2/5/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32561, p28
The article reports on the status of bond buyer legislation in Washington in 2007. The Health and Higher Education Facilities Improvement Act was referred to the House Ways and Means Committee in January 23 but no scheduled hearings yet. The Eligibility of Veterans for Mortgage Bond Financing...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;5/30/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32391, p40
The article presents information on various legislation related to bonds in the U.S. The Internet Tax Nondiscrimination Act of 2005 blocks states and localities from taxing Internet access, and levying multiple and discriminatory taxes on electronic commerce. The law was first enacted in 1998...
- IRS: Issuer's CABs Would Be Tax-Free. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;12/31/2002, Vol. 343 Issue 31543, p1
Reports on the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) ruling that an unidentified issuer can synthetically create tax-exempted capital appreciation bond (CAB). Benefits of the ruling to the issuer; Implications of the bond for start up firms; Comparison of CAB with conventional interest bonds;...