Jackson County Lawsuit Again Raises Question of COPs in Georgia
- Third parties win Battle of 55 Water St. HILL, DAVID // Hill;8/10/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 118, p12
The article reports on the success of the third parties of the Battle of 55 Water Street in winning their debt battle against the government in the U.S.
- Florida Court to Hear Attorneys on TIF Case. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/5/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32728, p5
The article reports on the hearing of the Strand v. Escambia County case on September 28, 2007 at the Florida Supreme Court, hoping to convince the court that a referendum is not required to issue tax increment finance bonds. The court has changed it earlier opinion on the case, stating that it...
- Dispute Over Detroit's Certificates Could Snag Bankruptcy Exit. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;8/20/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34164, p1
The article discusses concerns regarding the 1.4 billion U.S. dollars certificates of participation (COPs) as Detroit, Michigan, is facing bankruptcy adjustment plan. Topics discussed include impact of COPs lawsuit on the recovery plan of Detroit, Detroit nearing towards the 5.3 billion U.S....
- Are Participation Certificates Part of the Public Debt? Bratter, Herbert // Banking;Apr67, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p39
Focuses on the question of whether participation certificates (PC) are part of the public debt. Position of the U.S. Department of Treasury to the purchase of certain PC by government trust fund; Analysis on the legal questions of whether PC must be included in the public debt and hence subject...
- Colorado RTD Waiting for the Right Time to Swap $132M. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/6/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31794, p28
Reports on the completion of Regional Transportation District's restructuring plans for its outstanding certificates of participation in Colorado. Restructure of the outstanding variable-rate debt into a revenue bond; Swap of the revenue bond to fixed-rate under terms of an interest rate...
- Florida Court to Hear COP Case. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/4/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33261, p1
The article reports on the decision of the Florida Supreme Court to hear oral arguments about the request of the South Florida Water Management District for legal validation of its 650 million dollars worth of certificates of participation (COP). It notes that the district is planning to use the...
- Crown, cops targeted in billionaire's lawsuit. // South Asian Post;1/16/2014, p19
No abstract available.
- Fitch Upgrades to A Pueblo, Colo., COPs. // Bond Buyer;9/22/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32223, p2
Reports that Fitch Ratings Inc. has upgraded the rating on the outstanding certificates of participation for the Colorado Municipal Building Corp. in Pueblo, Colorado.
- COPs Coming. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;12/3/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32022, p29
Reports on the sale of a multi-million dollar certificates of participation to finance the acquisition and construction of property and equipment for various state and local agencies in Washington D.C. Aid of rents or payments appropriated by the Legislature for majority of the certificates;...